System One is currently seeking a Project Manager-Engineering for a long term contract position in Bishop, TX. The PM position is located at the Client plant site and requires hands-on field/plant experience in the process plant, refining, petrochemical sectors.
- Coordinate activities of onsite Engineers, Project Assistants and Support Personnel in planning, scheduling, design quality and execution of projects.
- Assume full responsibility for successful execution of each assigned project for schedule compliance, budget compliance, and scope and quality.
- Ensure Client's input and job requirements are adequately addressed and implemented consistently within contractual requirements; Ensure specifications, standards, policies and procedures are met.
- Build relationships and coordinate with the Client and Project Personnel.
- Maintain documentation files, accurately describing all commercial, technical and financial correspondence.
- Prepare and evaluate monthly progress reports; describing the schedule, expenditures and work scope for accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
- Plan and identify upcoming tasks, potential problem areas, technical information, staffing priorities and identify solutions where necessary.
- Develop project proposals, proposal scopes of work and budgets. Develop and present project reports for internal stakeholders.
- Perform field walk downs and data collection. Position necessitates field activities, some climbing, and occasional travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Eight to fifteen (8-15) years of experience as Project Engineer, Project Manager, Field Engineer with a strong interest and experience in working at plant site.
- Experience in the process plant, refining, petrochemical sectors.
- Experience with applying standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem sensitivity, judgment and decision making skills required.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills are required to provide effective intra and inter-discipline coordination on projects, as well as effective communication with Clients and Vendors.
- No per diem or relocation assistance provided
- All qualified candidates will be considered. Local candidates preferred.
- Long term contract position at plant site. Potential for direct hire in the future.