System One has an immediate need for a Sr. Electrical Engineer for a 4-6 month contract at Vogtle in Waynesboro, GA. This contract opportunity offers per diem and potential for overtime.
- Prepare specifications and calculations to support procurement and construction activities
- Perform detailed technical analysis of complex project issues
- Collection and interpretation of engineering data
- Development of project design basis
- Ensure conformance to applicable engineering codes and standards as well as company policies and procedures.
- Independently evaluates, selects and uses standards, techniques, procedures and criteria for technical projects.
- Review and comment on vendor drawings
- Review and comment on physical layout and wiring design deliverables
- AC/DC Power Systems Cable/Raceway Sizing and Voltage Drop Analysis
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in electrical engineering with progressive technical experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of nuclear power plant electrical systems
- Experience on nuclear projects or at nuclear plants
- Be familiar with NRC and other applicable industry standards
- Experience with design and operation of multiple plant systems
- Willing to travel and accept temporary site assignments that may require relocation
- Candidate must meet the criteria for access to the company’s, partners’ and clients’ technologies
- PE License
- Field experience on nuclear power plant projects
- At least five years’ experience in the power industry.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical distribution equipment.
- Expert in performing raceway sizing calculations.
- Proficient in single phase and three phase electrical distribution systems.
- Ability to calculate load bearing support requirements and select materials.
- Demonstrates proficiency and ability to work independently, with infrequent validation.
- Applicant must be familiar with NEC and NFPA standards