System One Services is currently seeking a Construction Project Manager for a direct hire position located in Dallas, TX.
The Project Manager is responsible for the direction and performance of field operations and construction management for assigned project(s), ensuring work is performed in conformance with the project objectives and requirements. Principal areas of responsibility are safety, cost estimating, schedule, construction operations, quality, staffing, material control, field-based procurement, client relations, business development, and integrated project delivery. Single or multiple project assignments may be required.
Construction Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Capable of managing multiple small projects as well as those with a TIC above $25MM.
- Implement and maintain effective management, planning, and cost control systems in cooperation with the project team.
- Determine construction staffing requirements, roles and responsibilities in cooperation with the project team under the guidance of the Corporate Policies Manual and company management.
- Assist with pre-construction activities relevant to assigned project work.
- Prepare or assist pre-construction manager with the project budget.
- Work with estimating department to prepare buy-out plan.
- Work with procurement department to prepare procurement strategy.
- Develop a project execution plan.
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of effective construction safety program, coordinate with Project EHS Technician if staffed appropriately.
- Coordinate engineering consultants.
- Review and approve construction operation plans.
- Review and approve project change order requests.
- Review and approve applications for payment.
- Provide monthly forecasting for all projects, including internal general conditions costs.
- Review contingency plans for potential problems concerning labor activity, fire, storms, etc..
- Track and report on all project costs.
- Identify and evaluate risk that may have an impact on the project.
- Approve and support project quality control program.
- Remain knowledgeable of Client prime agreement.
- Remain knowledgeable of subcontract agreements, purchase order terms and conditions, and subconsultant agreements.
- Administer contract documents in accordance with policies and procedure for the maximum benefit of the company.
- Initiate and attend Client meetings.
- Initiate visits to the engineering office to coordinate construction requirements with design operations.
- Provide support and guidance for project personnel.
- Implement and maintain a labor relations program (when working with union contractors).
- Advise management of developments that may affect project profit, costs, schedules, and client relations.
- Establish and maintain communications between Client and Subcontractors to ensure accurate and timely flow of information.
- Develop and issue monthly status reports to keep management informed on construction progress, direct and indirect construction costs, and other project activities.
- Manage project closeout activities.
- Participate in business development activities and promote product Client relationships.
Construction Project Manager Requirements:
- BS Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent.
- 5 years of field/office construction experience.
- Team-oriented individual capable of managing others.
- Demonstrated success in managing the construction scope on mid-sized projects.
- Design/Build experience, a plus.
- Maintenance of OSHA 30 hour training.
- Minimum 8 hours of leadership/supervisory training annually.
- Complete and competitive benefit package designed for individuals and families.