35.00 - 40.00 Per Hour
System one has an opportunity for 2 Senior level Piping designers for a long term contract. The position is located West of Downtown. The selected candidates will be
responsible for producing design layouts and finished drawings. Will be assigned to custom jobs involving, but not limited to; field survey, design sketches, engineering support, layout and final drawings. Will usually be assigned to more difficult, custom jobs for layout and final drawings . The position requires the following :
- General understanding of fabrication and field construction.
- Ability to understand and use general math and advanced trigonometry functions.
- Strong understanding of engineering design work process.
- Strong understanding of piping design for industrial systems.
- Experience developing equipment and overall facility layouts.
- Experience incorporating preparing piping layouts.
- Experience in the preparation of an overall 3D piping model.
- Experience working in 3D CAD software such as Cadworx, AutoPlant.
- Experience preparing orthographic drawings, isometric drawings, and bills of material.
- Experience with the selection and design of pipe supports
- Experience developing quantities
- Experience managing work points for facility
- Experience managing Xref between disciplines and 3D models
- Experience with liquid terminals and storage facilities, natural gas treatment, food processing, oil and gas, or power industries.