Electrical Testing & Commissioning Specialist
55.00 - 60.00 Per Hour
Electrical Testing and Commissioning Specialist
System One is currently seeking an Electrical Testing and Commissioning Specialist on a 6 month contract position located in Akron, OH.
Commissioning Specialist Responsibilities:
- Responsible for scheduling and monitoring electrical testing activities at multiple locations.
- Pre-Construction Coordinator
- Coordinate “Host Contractor Form” Preparation
- Assist with Scheduling Resources
- Daily Jobsite Coordination
- Compliance with the Project Milestone Dates
- Staffing Schedules (Forecasting Purposes/Security Access Granting & Removal)
- Start-Up Coordinator fill in & Support
- Troubleshooting difficult testing conditions with relay technicians or apparatus equipment testers
- Providing support and recommendations to Startup Coordinators and Commissioning Engineers on testing approach
- Incident Investigations/Communicating Best Practices
- Apparatus Testing Request Submittal
- SCADA Testing Request Submittal
- Participate in Weekly Conference Calls
- Other Responsibilities may include:
- Coordination of field personnel
- Providing support to the Testing & Commissioning Manager
- Receiving and tracking startup documentation and coordinating work activities with design engineers/construction crews/Commissioning Engineering and Project Management
- Other duties as assigned.
Commissioning Specialist Requirements:
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Electrical Power & Controls, or equivalent. Requires ten years of applicable electrical testing experience. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Must have an advanced understanding of electrical systems.
- Must exhibit advanced knowledge of electrical industry standards.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong leadership skills, attention to safety, strong analytical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Must be advanced in the use of testing equipment and tools.
- Related consulting experience is preferred
Duration: 6 months
Location: Akron, OH