Category: Accounting & Finance
80000.00 - 85000.00 Yearly
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounts Payable Manager will manage up to four account payable clerks on the “A/P Team” in processing vendor invoices, check requests and refunds. The AP Manager will monitor all payable activities to ensure timely payment of vendor invoices, expense checks and maintain accurate records and reports in accordance with corporate procedures. You’ll be responsible for reviewing and approving all requisitions including petty cash requests, expense reports, and for correcting and balancing journal entries. You will participate in developing relevant policies and procedures and hiring and evaluating A/P Team. You will Investigate and resolve more complex and sensitive invoice and payment problems.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
In addition to the above, the Accounts Payable Manager will
- Participate in the development of Accounts Payable policies and procedures.
- Advise and instruct A/P Team in the use of the software and A/P procedures. Serve as the SME to the A/P Team in resolving questions or issues related to balancing invoices, check processing, check request, check runs, and expense reports. This also includes training the A/P Team, making work schedules, and distributing workload and assignments. The A/P Manager will participate in interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and disciplinary actions
- Investigate and resolve difficult or sensitive problems or concerns not routinely handled by the A/P Team. Work collaboratively with all other departments to confirm expense reports or explain accounts payable policies and procedures. Respond to inquiries, disputes and questions from vendors and internal requests regarding incorrect or rejected invoices, payments, expense reports.
- Prepare regular reports on A/P activities such as payment volumes and totals; analysis by cost center, vendor, and description; and run special reports as requested by Management.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and have the ability to audit and correct accounts payable journal entries;
- 5-7 years of progressive Accounts Payable responsibility in order to have an in-depth knowledge of accounts payable procedures and automated systems to ensure processing is accomplished accurately, efficiently, and timely.
- 2-3 Years of A/P supervisory experience. Must have the analytical abilities necessary to plan and manage the work of others, review and auto check request, prepare regular reports, and develop appropriate policy and procedure changes and corrective actions to ensure accuracy and efficiency of accounts payable processing.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to oversee and motivate others, and explain and resolve complex invoice and payment problems upon request