Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Chemical Operator
Type: Direct, Full-time salaried with benefits
Location: Devens and North Andover MA
Start Date: Immediate
Large Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Company is seeking to add several Chemical Operators to their team in a full-time opportunity located in the two locations Devens and North Andover MA area. . For immediate consideration please email resumes to Dwalter@jouleinc.com
- Assist in the accurate and efficient manufacturing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs)
- Weigh, measure, and check raw materials/productions to ensure batches manufactured contain proper ingredients and quantities and that accurate inventory is maintained.
- Operate and monitor production equipment.
- Learn to develop individual work plan with the help of the Shift Leader to meet production schedules. Complete batch records in accordance with FDA and Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) guidelines
- Maintain a safe and clean operating area according to safety and quality policies/procedures.
- Communicate with Shift Leader regarding safety, production, quality or any other operational issues.
- Actively participates in pre-shift meetings to assist in the development of individual work plans.
- Perform manufacturing tasks related to the manufacture of APIs in the lab to commercial (multi-ton) scale. Includes operating and controlling reactors, electric motors, pumps, valves, filters, columns, etc.
- Operate material handling equipment, such as forklift, drum dollies, hoists, etc.
- Complete and accurately record data in compliance with GMP standards such as temperature of equipment, hours of operations, raw materials, and pressure of large scale reactors in accordance with good documentation practices.
- Responsible for contributing to audit readiness and for participating in quality audits with FDA, other Regulatory Agencies, and customers
- Document accuracy of manufacturing batch records, cleaning logs and labeling of in-process materials and equipment. Review of process documentation when complete to ensure closure in a timely manner.
- Follows and abides by all EH&S policies, practices, and procedures in association with department specific responsibilities and support audit readiness
- Responsible for participating in the emergency response team and accidents
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- While performing the duties of this job it is required to stand, walk, and use hands to operate objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands or arms; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch when necessary for job activity.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds using available material handling equipment.
- Regularly works with moving mechanical parts and may work with toxic or caustic chemicals. The work may be performed in humid areas with low or high temperatures.
- 12-hour day and night rotating shift schedule. At times overtime may be required.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.