System One Services is currently seeking a Construction Superintendent for a direct hire position located in Dallas, TX.
The Superintendent is responsible for directly managing a project’s construction activities to meet specifications, delivering the project within budgeted cost and by the scheduled completion date. This position is required to coordinate, plan, and supervise craft superintendents, contractors and/or craft activities on projects.
Construction Superintendent Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence to the company’s safety program in all phases and areas of the project.
- Participate with management in preparation of the Project Execution Plan, schedule of construction activities, manpower, and construction equipment requirements.
- Provide input into the preparation of all job cost reports to accurately reflect actual costs/progress.
- Direct and control the project to meet specifications and schedule to produce the expected profit.
- Direct and supervise the activities of the Planners in the performance of their duties.
- Inform management and subcontractors promptly of any construction schedule changes.
- Supervise craft superintendents to meet construction schedules.
- Ensure that adequate craft manpower is provided as required to meet construction schedules.
- Analyze construction equipment requirements, provide equipment, and release equipment.
- Review all requests for change orders with the Project Manager to assure adequate provisions for direct costs and time extensions are properly documented and promptly submitted.
- Knowledgeable of all design documents.
- Supervise craft superintendents in coordination activities of subcontractors.
- Supervise craft superintendents to ensure proper utilization of labor, material, and equipment.
- Ensure that craft superintendents are trained, knowledgeable and performing at the required quality level .
- Participate in project kick-off meeting with local building trades.
- Cooperate with Client and representatives to keep them informed of construction progress.
Construction Superintendent Requirements:
- Degree or Construction or equivalent years of experience.
- 2-5 years of experience in managing construction activities on mid to large-sized projects.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office suite experience.
- Capability of learning new computer programs for project management and reporting.
- 16 hours of continuing education annually.
- Minimum 8 hours of leadership/supervisory training annually.
- Maintenance of OSHA 30 hour training.
- Complete and competitive benefit package designed for individuals and families.