Category: Industrial & Manufacturing
60000.00 - 70000.00 Per Hour
Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Milpitas CA
Hours: morning shift (6-2, 7-3)
Duration: Direct Hire
- Daily communication with production team to prioritize maintenance work.
- Provide technical support and resources as necessary to every department in the plant regarding machinery equipment and any other facility issue.
- Provide technical support to customers as necessary for jobsite equipment. Potentially travel to jobsites to troubleshoot and repair field equipment.
- Provide technical support to any corporate or local project team regarding any new project being worked on.
- Develop and implement maintenance activities as listed, preventive maintenance, work order system, critical parts inventory, field equipment inventory, maintenance skill development, predictive maintenance.
- Write procedures and maintain records of repairs, calibrations, tests, etc.
- Monitor, control, and report department spending and purchasing activities under the general direction of the Plant Manager
- Manage various maintenance outside resources such as monthly contracts, contractors, and utility services.
- Contributing team member of Plant Operations team. Participate in production operations as needed.
- Review andprioritize work orders daily, for repair and maintenance of machinery and mechanical equipment; estimate material requirements and repair and/or replace defective parts as needed; analyze mechanical, electrical, and other operations problems and take corrective action; report all unsafe equipment, machinery, and practices to the Plant Manager.
- Maintain inventory, and quality of tools, parts, repair supplies and other materials; obtain quotes for replacement parts and materials and prepare requisitions as needed; fabricate parts not commercially available using hand and machine tools; maintain tools and equipment in good working order.
- Perform other work and special projects as required by manager.
- Must have mechanical aptitude; must have demonstrated ability to work with hands and use various tools; must be able to climb in overhead structures and work beneath machines in close quarters to perform installations, repairs and maintenance, must have ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; must be able to work with minimal supervision; must be organized with good written and oral communication skills; must be able to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Must have electrical aptitude. Experienced in testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures using devices such as multi-meters (ohmmeter, voltmeter), ammeters (clamp), and meggers.
- Capable of troubleshooting electrical circuits and components to locate shorts, faulty connections, defective parts and replace or repair to suite and ensure compatibility and safety of systems.