Category: Scientific & Clinical
40.00 - 40.00 Per Hour
Title: Packaging Engineer
Location: Princeton, NJ
Schedule: M-F 1st shift 37.5 hours
Start date: ASAP
Reputable Consumer Product Goods (CPG) company in the Mercer County, NJ area seeking Junior and Senior level Packaging Engineers to join their innovative team of Engineers! Will support their Personal Care, Sexual Health, and Home Care product categories. Can be flexible with number of years of experience pending overall background.
- Will conduct packaging development projects from initiation through manufacture (launch).
- Projects will consist of modifications of packaging for existing products as well as the packaging for new products.
- Responsible for meeting timelines, finding solutions to problems, managing expectations, and delivering to those expectations.
- Will have accountability to their packaging projects to assure they meet quality and consumer expectations while maintaining project schedule.
- Support Packaging projects independently with partner functions in quality, finance, procurement, regulatory, engineering, operations and outside vendors.
- Accountable for supporting packaging projects to assure they meet quality and consumer expectations while maintaining project schedule.
- Accountable for ensuring that the project meets cost and environmentally sustainability requirements within the agreed upon schedule.
- Works with other corporate departments, plants, contract manufacturing, consultants, and suppliers.
- Utilizes various packaging materials (i.e.: fiberboard, corrugated, plastics, films, etc.) to develop cost effective, consumer acceptable packages.
- Executes projects from primary to secondary packaging development.
- Coordination and execution of plant line trials, including the generation of test plans and reports.
- Offer input for the creation of project time lines.
- Develops and executes qualification programs for new package designs and materials.
- Identifies, develops, and implements cost savings initiatives as related to package designs and materials.
- Travels to supplier and manufacturing locations for support of packaging project activities.
- Performs hands-on evaluation of packaging components for conformance to project requirements.
- Develops packaging specifications.
- Reviews and approves of component blueprints for issue with specifications.
- Responsible for fit / form / & function of packaging components with their mating parts.
- BS degree in Package Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Sciences
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Package Development. A preference will be towards candidates that have experience in CPG “Consumer Product Goods” packaging areas.
- 3 - 10 years OK (5 yrs ideal for Jr level / > than 5 yrs for Sr. level) - Note: Manager can be flex with Jr level years of experience pending overall background
- Must have Package Development experience
- Primary experience through Primary and Secondary packaging development for new product launches (e.g. personal care / sexual health products)
- Coordination and completion of qualification for new package designs and materials
- Development of component specifications
- Working knowledge of different packaging materials / converting methods:
- Corrugated container
- Folding cartons (solid fiberboard)
- Plastic bottles
- Flexible Packaging
- Thermoformed Packaging
- Injection Molding
- High interpersonal skills clearly showing strong communication interdepartmentally and in cross-corporate environments
- A self-motivated and proactive personality with ambitions to “learn and deliver” within a fast paced, “employee empowered” atmosphere
- High competency in Microsoft applications and general computer usage.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.