Compensation Range: 25.00 - 30.00 Per Hour
Job ID: 139884
Date Posted: 04/17/2019
Procurement Strategic Buyer.
• Identifying and implementing cost reduction activities at the location using company procurement tools and technology in support of location, BU and company objectives.
• Support buy/supply/pay practices and the administrative process to drive process optimization and automation.
• Assist with forecasting raw material, components and supplies consumption.
• Place purchase orders for direct materials and administer indirect purchases.
• Coordinate supplier's delivery schedules to meet production needs.
• Monitor resource requirements to assure schedule requirements are met.
• Maintain minimum inventory to support the production schedule. Work with other buyer/planners or operations staff to develop and execute JIT stocking programs with suppliers.
• Interface with other departments (Shipping, Processing, Engineering, Quality) to resolve problems with timely resolution.
• Interface with production to resolve problems relevant to direct materials and services, raw material quality, quantity verification and delivery in support of production demands.
• Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement on a daily basis by your actions. Take the initiative to resolve purchasing issues with and without interaction from supervision. Willingly participate with production teams to resolve purchasing issues.
• Perform other tasks as needed in support of manufacturing operations, customers and suppliers.
• Helps to ensure that Global Procedures, quality and the standards for the department are adhered to and maintained.
• Assumes other special activities and responsibilities from time to time as required.
• Adheres to company EH&S, Quality, Continuous Improvements and other company Policies.
• Self-starter; must be able to contribute to creating his/her job content.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
• Minimum of five years of procurement experience in a manufacturing/production environment.
• Experience using High Yield negotiation methodologies.
• Knowledge of production planning, inventory management, JIT concepts and MRP is also preferred
• Hands on experience working with a business forecast, production planning or purchasing.
• Oracle QAD
• Must be familiar with a wide variety of manufacturing processes.
• Strong leadership and communication skills.