Category: Human Resources
System One is recruiting a Human Resource Assistant for our client in Buffalo, NY.
This is an 8-month contract assignment with likely extension.
*Local Candidates Only*
*Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident*
The individual will be expected to manage multiple tasks independently with little or no direction, and to make independent decisions using good judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in Human Resources (Generalist experience a plus)
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and manage multiple assignments
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take direction then see projects through to fruition
- Good observational and record keeping skills with attention to detail, including use of computer-based spreadsheets
- Strong customer focus
- Possess high personal integrity and the ability to maintain confidential information
- Take, transcribe and distribute minutes and summaries at Management/Union meetings
- Perform various Labor Relations/HR research
- Oversee, maintain and drive company side of Grievance process
- Maintain records, logs, confidential files for Human Resources
- Arrange/schedule meetings
- Perform time audits
- Oversee and maintain non-qualifying absentee tracking
- Perform miscellaneous general administrative and confidential work as requested