Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Scientist – I
Location: Boston, MA
Start date: ASAP
- The In Vivo Pharmacology – Oncology group is seeking a motivated and technically skilled scientist with immunohistochemistry expertise in oncology, immune-oncology, and / or immunology to join our Exploratory Discovery team.
- Candidates will be able to work independently, but will also be expected to proactively collaborate with colleagues across disciplines.
- Primary responsibilities include design and execution of immunohistochemistry and histology experiments of human and mouse tumors and tumor draining lymph nodes to support the preclinical and clinical development of novel targets and drugs developed to treat patients with cancer.
- The candidate will be an active participant in the positive and critical scientific dialogue that is necessary to progress our programs.
- The responsibilities of the position include:
o Execute disease relevant immunohistochemistry assays and perform quantitative image analysis
o Contribute to the characterization and validation of compound and/or antibody activity.
o Communicate data clearly and concisely to the appropriate teams and stakeholders.
o Be able to thrive in a team environment.
- BS/BA degree with a 0-2 years of industry or academia experience
- Strong knowledge in immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization including method development, optimization, and troubleshooting
- Experience in image acquisition and basic microscopy skills
- Interest and/or understanding oncology and immuno-oncology
- Strong data analysis skills, including a practical knowledge of statistics.
- Experience with automated immunostainers (e.g. Ventana)
- Experience with confocal microscopy
- Tissue embedding, microtome and cryostat sectioning
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative image analysis (e.g. ImageJ, Indica labs HALO)
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.