Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Project Engineer
Location: Devens, MA
Schedule: 8am to 5pm Mon – Fri.
Start date: ASAP
- The project manager will be responsible for leading capital projects for a growing Biopharmaceutical company.
- The role includes managing a diverse portfolio of strategic capital projects, such as equipment and capacity upgrades, facility renovations, and infrastructure upgrades to support the development and launch of a rich pipeline of biologics products.
- The individual will have frequent exposure to senior management as they execute projects that shape our overall strategy and transform our site into a best-in-class Biopharmaceutical facility.
- Project execution will focus on safety, schedule, and budget adherence in addition to complying with good engineering practices, company policies, regulations, and codes.
- Responsible for project management of capital projects in a GMP environment.
- Design and manage several facilities and process related capital projects (HVAC and utilities projects; biologics cell culture and purification upgrades; cryogenic storage capacity projects; laboratory and building infrastructure renovations; etc.) simultaneously to meet client's requirements.
- Seek innovative and novel approaches for project management, design, and construction management.
- Coordinate projects with site Maintenance, Calibration, Validation, Automation, and Facilities Departments from project initiation to closure to ensure all systems are designed, constructed, and documented properly.
- Knowledge of engineering generally attained through studies resulting in a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering (mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering preferred).
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in conceptual development, project management, planning and scheduling projects, including experience in the Biotech or related industry.
- Knowledge and experience with regulatory requirements, engineering principles, and construction techniques is important.
- Demonstrated proficiency communicating and collaborating at a variety of levels with customers, vendors, equipment suppliers and operations staff.
- Experience in supporting manufacturing operations is desired.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Proven success working well in a team environment with flexibility to react to changing business needs.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.