Category: Industrial & Manufacturing
13.50 - 13.50 Per Hour
Job Description Summary:
- To load, program, operate and perform routine and emergency maintenance on production and R&D compound furnaces. This includes: accurate and timely preparation of all raw materials, accurate/legible documentation and strict adherence to all Crystal Growth area housekeeping practices.
- To construct, test and profile new furnaces as necessary, using hand tools and automated equipment.
- To perform accurate database and Point Man entries.
- To provide first level problem solving support for routine Crystal Growth processes and issues.
- To provide support and assistance to Crystal Growth engineers and scientists.
- Ability to work on multiple routine and complex operations/tasks in parallel and be able to move from task to task with little supervision.
- Read/interpret test procedures, detailed schematics, engineering drawings, wiring diagrams, bills of material and engineering change notices.
- Good manual dexterity, eye-hand coordination and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with hand and power tools.
- Proficient with personal computers and associated software packages.
- Able to complete moderately complex mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to work any shift.
Qualifications – Education/Experience:
- High School Diploma and additional electronics proficiency.
- 2-5 years experience in the manufacturing environment.
Duties/Responsibilities: (Position Specific)
- THM and R&D furnace loading, operation and maintenance schedules and procedures are correctly followed. This will include operation of various types of automated and manual equipment for loading ingot material as well as performing various program modifications and process support activities.
- Accurate, timely construction, testing and profiling of production furnaces is completed as necessary.
- Proficiently performs simple to moderately complex reloading and reprogramming processes on furnaces.
- All Furnaces and support equipment are set up and adjusted for proper operation. Regular maintenance of equipment is performed and documented as required. Work area is regularly cleaned and kept organized. Strict adherence to all Crystal Growth area housekeeping practices are followed.
- Responsibility is assumed for quality of all work output. All work output and Crystal Growth documentation are inspected for conformance to quality requirements or inspection criteria prior to completing tasks and moving on to the next work activity. Defects in quality or workmanship are corrected according to the relevant department and Division procedures.
- Incoming part inspections are completed as required following all relevant specifications or work instructions. Work with Shipper/Receiver results in smooth transition of incoming or outgoing parts through Shipping.
- Production and R&D documentation is accurately and legibly generated for all relevant process steps. Documents are completed in a timely manner with all required entries completed for each operation. Test reports, data, photographs and other outputs are generated, collected and processed as required. Electronic data are saved, filed and/or processed as required.
- Database and other computer based entries are entered into production databases, the Point Man tracking system and/or other electronic forms, inventories or records (spreadsheets, tables, etc.) in an accurate & timely manner according to manufacturing procedures or special instructions.
- Production schedules and quotas are adhered to while maintaining a high level of product quality.
- Engineers and technicians are assisted as required with the execution of special projects and experiments.
- Work instructions, forms, travelers and other manufacturing documentation are written and prepared for release. Documents are created in collaboration with other Operators, Supervisor, Engineers and others.
- Additional duties are performed as assigned by the area manager. Including but not limited to: Crystal characterization, and Saw Room activities.
- Requires visual acuity (visual ability to resolve fine detail) and manual dexterity (fine hand and finger movements)
- Requires supervision on a regular basis.
- Must be available for overtime work
- Must be able to stand for periods up to 4 hours. Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs frequently; up to 35 lbs occasionally, and heavier weights with assistance
- Must be able to wear required safety protective equipment including but not limited to respirators, safety shoes and eye protection
- May work in a clean room environment and wear clean room attire
- Must be able to work with or around chemicals
- Must be capable of holding US Security Clearance.