Technical Documentation Writer & Illustrator
- Reviews journals, reports, and similar material to become familiar with product or process terminology.
- Reviews manufacturers' and trade catalogs, drawings, and other data relative to operation, maintenance, testing, and service of equipment.
- Studies proposals, contracts, blueprints, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mockups and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and details.
- Determines installation and operating procedures and details.
- Observes material processing to determine material and material processing specifications or specifications for manufacturing and operation of equipment.
- Organizes material and performs writing assignments according to specifications regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Writes technical descriptions using knowledge of material standards, industrial processes and operating procedures.
- Selects photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams or charts to illustrate materials or sequences.
- Edits material for spelling, grammar, syntax, capitalization, consistency, format, and conformance to specifications.
- Ensures document format, performance, physical characteristics, and testing requirements meet contract specifications.
- Proofreads materials to ensure changes have been implemented and corrections made. Maintains records and files of work and revisions.
- Arranges and coordinates duplication and distribution of prepared material.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Write detailed text demonstrated through hierarchical paragraph structure, descriptive word choice and proper grammar
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience working within Microsoft® Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of Autocad, Solidworks, Inventor and Photoshop is an added advantage.
- Read engineering area layout and assembly drawings
- Use file management software
If interested please send resumes to Alicia Haselby, Senior Recruiter: email@example.com for immediate consideration.
This position does not provide sponsorship.