Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Scientist - I (Assistant)
Location: Kenilworth, NJ
Schedule: 8am to 5pm Mon – Fri.
Start date: ASAP
- The candidate will be responsible for conducting lab scale chromatography studies for purification of therapeutic proteins and screening conditions for crystallizing therapeutic proteins.
- The candidate will also be responsible for running HPLC and UV-based analytical characterization to support their studies.
- Rigorous documentation of data in electronic lab notebooks is a requirement.
- Additional responsibilities may also include support of therapeutic protein deliveries requiring purification through all necessary filtration and chromatography unit operations.
- The candidate will work in teams of 2-3 for typical activities.
- BS degree in Biological Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Biological Engineering, Biochemistry, or related field.
- Basic understanding of biochemical/biophysical properties of proteins and purification unit operations (chromatography, filtration, crystallization);
- Ability to work on teams
- Lab based research experience;
- Familiarity with Akta purification systems (Explorer, Avant, Pilot, etc.);
- Experience with monoclonal antibody purification
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.