Category: Scientific & Clinical
20.00 - 27.00 Per Hour
Role: Lab Technician
Location: Hunt Valley MD
Joule is seeking a Lab Technician for a global client located in Hunt Valley, MD. For immediate consideration please contact email@example.com.
- Under general supervision of Scientists/Engineers perform pilot plant and laboratory tasks.
- Operating laboratory, pilot plant and analytical equipment.
- Responsible for the preparation / set-up of raw materials, finished products and retention samples.
- Manage lab inventory of raw materials, data recording, cataloging test samples and ordering supplies.
- Maintain clean and safe lab and pilot plant areas.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision and as a member of a team.
- Associate Degree or equivalent
- 1+ years laboratory and pilot plant experience.
- Prepare and test samples for measuring physical properties: moisture, water activity, density, particle size distribution
- Experience in a Food manufacturing environment or lab and knowledge of food safety.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well as a team.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work effectively and be self-directed and motivated.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to identify, analyze and solve problems related to process and analytical equipment.
- Ability to present information to peers and scientist/engineer clearly and systematically.
- Ability to lift 10 pounds continuously, 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally.
- BS Degree in Science or equivalent.
- Proficient with operating the following analytical laboratory equipment: Malvern, Camsizer, Hosokawa Powder Tester, Brookfield Powder Flow Tester, Color-Flex, Bulk Index Unit, Cryogenic Milling, Bulk Density, Decagon Water Activity meter
- Proficient with operating the following pilot plant equipment: Roller mill, homogenizers, Ro-tap, extraction equipment
- Experience with laboratory standards and calibrations for maintaining equipment.
- Familiar with optical density, thermogravimetric analysis, gas chromatography, wet chemistry analysis, NIR cellulose analysis and gravity separation.
- Familiar with quality control analysis of production samples.