System One Services is currently seeking a Construction Engineer for a direct hire position located in Waco, TX.
Responsible for supporting the Project Manager and other project team members in executing project activities to support the construction of assigned project(s) to ensure that the work performed is in conformance with the project objectives and the requirements of the construction documents. Primary areas of responsibility include bidding support, executing the submittal and RFI review process, document control, verification of as-built’s, supporting quality control, supporting site safety, executing equipment receiving process, managing closeout documentation, and supporting cost management activities.
Construction Engineer Responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation of scopes of work for bid package development.
- Attend subcontractor pre-bid meetings and lead as needed/directed by the Project Manager.
- Assist with constructability review.
- Assist the Project Manager with the development of a Project Execution Plan.
- Attend project meetings with project team and client.
- Attend weekly subcontractor coordination meetings, providing meeting minutes.
- Support with assembly of monthly status reports.
- Assist in Quality and Safety inspections.
- Log and track shop drawing status.
- Investigate field discrepancies and coordinate resolution with Engineering.
- Maintain As-Built drawings.
- Manage control of construction documentation, including drawings, specifications, submittals and RFI’s.
- Track and coordinate issuance of design bulletins.
- Assist with assembly and coordination of all commitments and required information, including certificates of insurance and W9 information.
- Assist with change management process, including tracking potential changes and executing change orders.
- Assist with entry of invoicing for payment of subcontractors, sub-consultants, and vendors.
- Receive and inspect equipment/materials ordered by the company.
- Work under Project Manager and Superintendents to learn and understand project forecasting and budgeting.
Construction Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in Construction Management, Science, or Engineering.
- 2-5 years of experience.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office suite experience.
- Capability of learning new computer programs for project management and reporting.
- Design/Build experience, a plus.
- 16 hours of continuing education annually.
- Minimum 8 hours of leadership/supervisory training annually.
- Maintenance of OSHA 30 hour training.
- Complete and competitive benefit package designed for individuals and families.