Mechanical Engineer – Pasadena, CA 91124
System One has a temporary position for a Mechanical Engineer / Construction in Pasadena, CA. The Mechanical Engineer will be working with our client on their Sacramento Control Tower project providing engineering expertise on mechanical systems – Large Chillers / HVAC / Plumbing - using Trane TRACE software package.
United States Citizenship is required for this position.
- Temporary position to start (may turn direct depending on work being available)
- Must pass System One and Client on-boarding process
- Local candidates to Pasadena, California / Neither per diem nor relocation is offered
- Start date: April 2020 to approximately 10/10/2020
Mechanical Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (or related field)
- 7+ years of related work experience as a Mechanical Engineer on Large Chillers / HVAC / Plumbing equipment
- Proficiency in using TRANE TRACE AND utilizing CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is required
- P.E. is highly preferred
- U.S. citizenship is required for this position.
Mechanical Engineer Overview:
Completes a wide variety of difficult engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses within one discipline. The Engineer at this level is a fully qualified professional, proficient in the utilization of most engineering theories and practices. Some assignments involve CAE (computer-aided engineering)/CAD (computer-aided design) applications.
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Performs complex engineering tasks and particularly important engineering work efficiently and accurately.
- Extracts engineering information from CAD drawings.
- Prepares engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs.
- Completes a variety of assignments such as drawings, specifications, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes. Frequently interfaces with other Engineering disciplines as well as other departments.
- Prepares detailed requisitions for equipment and materials.
- Reviews supplier-drawing submittals and performs technical bid analyses.
- Prepares and issues specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
- Provides technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
- May be required to provide the seal and signature of the professional engineer, as appropriate, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances.
- May act in an advisory capacity to senior management personnel on engineering related matters.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.