Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Formulation Scientist - III
Location: Kenilworth, NJ
Start date: ASAP
- The main focus of the position will be project work to support sterile product development.
- Provide formulation composition and process development project support for the design, preparation, testing, and documentation of formulation composition and process definition.
- Ability to prepare common vehicles and reagents
- Ability to measure solubility in buffers, bio-relevant medium & organic solvents
- Ability to prepare formulations or conduct other processing steps under aseptic conditions
- Ability to execute formulation development experiments, including processing support for solution, lyophilized and particulate based formulations or other preparation techniques as required.
- Ability to prepare formulations under aseptic and GLP conditions
- Ability to perform basic analysis, including pH, osmolality, particle size measurements and HPLC Ability to keep clear and accurate laboratory records
- Ability to support the maintenance of the laboratory working environment
- Ability to work safely complying with all company safety policies
- Ability to work as part of a team on complex formulation development projects
- Ability to interface with operations personnel, management, and other scientific professionals
- A BS or MS degree or equivalent in Pharmaceutical Sciences, biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or a related field is required.
- Excellent laboratory skills in formulation and process development or a related field are critical.
- 3-5 Years of pharmaceutical industry experience in pharmaceutical formulation and/or process development required.
- Experience in Biologics and sterile formulation a plus.
- Experience with process development including mixing, pumping and lyophilization studies are also a plus.
- Candidates with a PhD and 0-1 years of pharmaceutical experience will also be considered.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.