Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Clinical Data Coordinator
Location: Bethesda, MD
Duration: Contract, long term
Start date: Immediate Need
Salary: Competitive salary offered with full benefit package
- Manage a variety of complex datasets used for epidemiologic infectious disease research.
- These datasets will include those from Electronic Health records (EHR) characterized as “Big Data”, with up to 63 million patients and 500 million patient encounters, including related data tables for microbiologic (including drug susceptibility testing for infectious agents), clinical, pharmaceutical, and demographic information.
- Research goals relate to describing the burden, trends, and risk factors for infectious diseases, with a focus on mycobacteria, and other infectious agents or diseases including invasive candidiasis and cytomegalovirus.
- Research goals will also relate to tracking antibiotic resistant bacterial strains in the in the United States (US). Additional relational datasets will include those from managed health care systems, those from the NIH clinical center, as well as other national morbidity and mortality datasets (CMS, AHRQ).
- Support ongoing and planned research including database management, programming, and analysis.
- Perform database management and data analysis using R, SAS, or other programing languages as needed to permit a number of research projects related to infectious disease.
- Perform the necessary coding or recoding in these datasets to ensure standardization of free text fields, particularly those related to infecting organisms, or interpretation of drug susceptibility results, for the purpose of data analysis.
- Link various data tables (microbiologic, clinical, pharmaceutical, cost, demographic, etc) and generate analyses and case definitions for diseases including but not limited to: 1) nontuberculous mycobacterial disease, 2) invasive candidiasis, 3) cytomegalovirus, 4) norovirus, 5) drug-resistance based on susceptibility profiles from laboratory information.
- BS/MS in a Life Science related field of study.
- Experience working with data sets
- Experience with SAS preferred
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.