Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Alliance Vendor Manager
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ
Schedule: 8am to 5pm Mon – Fri.
Duration: 6 months
- The Alliance Manager will help to manage and optimize the value of external strategic collaborations by supporting the operations and performance of a portfolio of existing and new research alliances and/or technology licensing relationships.
- Through exceptional leadership, strong cross-functional alignment and collaboration with multiple groups, this role ensures cohesive engagement across the organization to achieve partnership objectives.
- The individual will develop an understanding of company best practices for scientific projects and assist in establishing those within the joint working groups and joint governance committees for each collaboration under management, while fostering an environment of mutual respect and trust within alliances.
- S/he will work closely with counterpart from the partner and internal stakeholders through routine meetings to:
o Facilitate mutual understanding of the respective organizations
o Track and report the health of the alliance and progress against key objectives
o Organize meetings of joint steering committees as specified in the collaboration agreement
o Establish agendas for such meetings including assisting in the preparation of presentations by joint working groups for the joint steering committee reviews and the closed session joint governance portion of such meetings
o Document the committee meeting action steps and assignments of responsibilities
o Identify operational issues or performance deficits in the collaboration and raise to collaboration governance and other Sr. leaders
o Assist with internal and external communications regarding the collaborations, including but not limited to Discovery leadership
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leadership, cross-functional management, and negotiations skills and be credible, dynamic, and vision-oriented scientific partner willing to work successfully in a collaborative environment.
- An advanced life sciences degree (PhD, MD, PharmD, or MD/PhD or equivalent) required.
- 8 years’ progressive leadership experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical, and/or consulting industry, including managing alliance relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as impeccable relationship and interpersonal skills to navigate organizations with diplomacy and with individuals across levels.
- Track record of significant scientific accomplishment and advancement and a strong understanding of drug discovery, optimization and pre-clinical development processes.
- Some combination of experience in pre-clinical discovery research and drug development would be considered.
- Developing interest in the business aspects of the science business is important as well as some understanding of finance preferred but a business degree is not required.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.