Category: Industrial & Manufacturing
Compensation Range: 35.00 - 50.00 Per Hour
Job ID: 138026
Date Posted: 03/15/2019
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Bachelor's Degree in Science or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
• 4-8 years of professional experience with the engineering and design of instrumentation and controls systems for Oil & Gas and/or Energy and/or petrochemical industry onshore plant design projects.
• Ability to lead the engineering design efforts for a project to include, but not limited to:
* Ability as self-starter to assume overall responsibility for the electrical design & engineering of projects
* Strict adherence to / preparation of schedule and budget
* Understanding management of change process, including recognition and identification of scope changes during project life cycle.
* Support of Engineering and Design effort hour estimates for projects and assessment of schedule/budget impact of changes.
* Must have knowledge of computer based automated control systems.
• Demonstrated Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Word and Excel programs.
* Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or other appropriate discipline, such as chemical engineering or mechanical engineering, from a 4-year accredited university.
• 5+ years of experience including Upstream and/or Midstream Oil & Gas experience
• Registration as a Professional Engineer or ability to obtain within 1 years of hire
• Development of control system configuration on multiple software and manufacturer projects platforms
• Programming/configuration proficiency of computer based automated control systems
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• This positions does not include sponsorship opportunities for United States work authorization.
• Possession or ability to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) is a plus.
• Relocation benefits are not available.
Company is seeking a highly talented Instrumentation and Controls Project Engineer III to work in the Pittsburgh, PA office.
The Instrumentation and Controls Project Engineer III interacts with other disciplines, project support groups, subcontractors, vendors and client as appropriate on an assigned project. Performs engineering calculations, prepares specifications, performs analyses, performs testing, issues reports and maintains related data. Primary focus is on instrumentation and control systems, and involves the development of instrumentation and controls drawings and documentation for the energy, oil, gas and petrochemical industry projects.
Under minimal direction, completes engineering assignments of moderate complexity. Comprehensive understanding of I&C discipline and basic understanding of other disciplines. Effectively maintains liaison with I&C engineering and design staff. Fully versed with the preparation and execution of project scope in the I&C discipline. Plans and schedules engineering efforts associated with assigned project. Support the development of I&C project engineering budgets. Advises the manager about status of assignment(s) with respect to schedule, budgets, delays, and adverse problems. Keeps proper engineering files and records. Interfaces with I&C staff, other disciplines, vendors, contractors and clients. Performs effective FATs for all control systems and in particular DCS. Works with project Lead Designer to provide guidance to project design personnel to effectively produce detailed instrumentation and control design drawings, including instrumentation physical layouts, instrumentation installation details, control system layout, instrument and cable design, control schematics. Performs design quality review to ensure quality and consistency of drawings is being met per the Quality Procedures. Participates in on site installation and start up and commissioning activities, as required, to assist field personnel in systems checkout and commissioning, including coordinating with the control system suppliers and coordinating resolution to problems with other disciplines.
Local Candidates only-NO per diem available
Duration: temp to perm, no guaranteed