Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: DSP SR. Bioprocess Associate
Location: Devens, MA
Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:00 am-3:00 pm.
- Weighs and checks raw materials. Assembles, cleans and autoclaves process components. Assists in maintaining material and component inventory levels.
- Operates primary production equipment to complete process steps including buffer preparation, column packing, chromatography and filtration in a clean room environment.
- Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices and standard operating procedures. Must recognize deviations from accepted practice.
- Works on routine manufacturing assignments per written procedures that are moderately complex with minimal instructions. Revises and creates process documents, i.e. SOP’s and Batch Records, with little to no instruction and assists with process related investigations.
- Effectively uses in process automation systems (i.e. Delta V and Syncade Interactions, OSI/Pi Historian) and some supporting business systems (i.e. SAP. Trackwise, Maximo etc.) to maintain production records.
- Assists with reviewing batch and exception reports associated with each manufacturing lot, in conjunction with supervisor and Quality representative.
- Provide assistance for areas specific initiatives associated with work safety
- Knowledge of science generally attained through studies resulting in a B.S., in engineering, biochemistry or science related discipline is desired
- A minimum of 2+ years of downstream process operations experience in a biotechnology manufacturing facility subject to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) regulations.
- Practical knowledge of regulations such as GMP’s and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Previous experience with single use technology a plus.
- Prior evidence of successful participation on work teams where combined contribution, collaboration, and results were expected. Maintains a professional and productive relationship with area management and co- workers.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills, is attentive and approachable. Takes responsibility for personal safety and contributes to establishing a safe workplace environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in common computer tools such as word processing, spreadsheet and web based applications.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.