Seeking a highly motivated I&C Technician to support multiple projects. You will act as a Technician assisting engineering scale laboratory testing activities, with the prime responsibility of supporting the various experimental campaigns.
In this role, you will independently perform a variety of technical tasks working with engineers, scientists, machinists, and other Laboratory Technicians in helping to design, fabricate, assemble, and operate components, subassemblies, and final assembly of prototypes and experiments. The preparation and layout of drawings, operation of sophisticated machinery and test equipment, as well as using sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data is essential to conducting on-line adjustments to prototypes, instruments, or other equipment.
Your role will also include continual interfacing with a team of 10+ technical staff. You will support development of test equipment, instrumentation selection, data acquisition and control, testing activities, data analysis and documentation.
The following responsibilities (based on education and work experience) may be performed alone or as the lead of a team in the planning, design, fabrication, and testing of controlled experiments or prototype builds:
- Assemble, build, calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair test systems or prototypes.
- Set up or operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions.
- Review and modify existing parts, assemblies, or systems to correct functional deviations.
- Identify solutions to on-site technical design problems involving electrical systems equipment.
- Evaluate engineering proposals, shop drawings, or design comments for conformance with established safety or design criteria.
- Plan method or sequence of operation for developing or testing equipment.
- Interpret test information to resolve-related challenges.
- Recording of data, collection of test samples, and writing reports, reviews, and project summaries.
- Establishing and maintaining constructive and cooperative working relationships with customers and team members.
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
- Follow applicable company, quality assurance, and testing procedures.
- Repairing and maintaining electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Monitor and adjust ongoing experiments and tests.
- Logic/robotic control systems setup and programming experience (LabView a plus).
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma minimum requirement with an associate degree and postsecondary technical training a plus.
- Good trouble-shooting skills. Laboratory notebook recording skill a plus.
- Understand basic temperature, pressure, and flow instrumentation.
- Have some understanding of instrument calibration.
- Have a basic mechanical assembly skills and use of standard hand tools.
- Able to follow procedures and work under general direction.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and moving your entire body including: climbing, lifting up to 50 lb, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Broad range of skills, such as welding, machining and fabrication, custom DAQ and control system design (LabVIEW preferred), high temperature piping, alkali metal experience, cryogenic experience, lifting and handling experience (overhead crane), glovebox use, and Soldworks skills a plus.
- Previous experience as Engineering Laboratory Technician or Test Technician in the Nuclear, Aerospace, Industrial, or Mechanical industries a plus.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.