Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Maintenance Facilities Planner
Location: Warren, NJ
Schedule: 8am to 5pm Mon – Fri.
Start date: ASAP
- The GMP Facilities Planner supports the successful operation of the GMP facility, laboratory and business functions at multi?use sites through interaction with internal customers and external service providers.
- The incumbent in this role, will be responsible for planning calibration and maintenance activities related to both GMP and non GMP utility, laboratory and process equipment. The incumbent will be responsible for receiving, coordinating and planning work related to on-demand work orders and routine scheduled maintenances and calibrations.
- The incumbent will also coordinate work with outside vendors performing maintenance or calibration activities.
- The incumbent will work heavily in the CMMS, Blue Mountain RAM, and will be responsible for entering data, pulling schedules and reports.
- The incumbent in this role will have specific job tasks and processes to follow to perform their job.
- This individual works independently to complete assignments and oversees the successful completion of tasks.
- Using solid analytical skills, the incumbent is able to recognize problems of moderate scope and complexity, and independently, develop potential solutions and courses of action.
- Work with Facility Management team to plan and schedule routine equipment calibrations, preventative maintenance and shutdown activities.
- Serve as the first point of contact for any on demand work orders generated by the business process owners.
- Field any on demand work requests. Assess priority and assign and response as needed.
- Work with Facilities Management team to schedule and prioritize all on demand equipment work orders.
- Work with Facility Management team to assign internally shared HVAC, Calibration and Electrical trades according to demand and priority.
- Interface with OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) to schedule routine and on demand work requests, to request spare parts and expedite services as required.
- Confirm that incoming vendors are appropriately trained for work that is being performed.
- Future state – Work with Facility Management team to assign parts and tools required for maintenance activities and re-stock accordingly.
- Enter, create and modify data in the site CMMS system, Blue Mountain RAM according to Asset request forms submitted.
- Track asset request forms through the necessary reviews by Business Process Owners, Facility Management, Validation and QA department.
- Apply field Asset ID tags for new equipment
- Upload asset documentation such as IOMs, spec sheets or certifications to CMMS
- May be asked to pull data and reports from Blue Mountain RAM system to assist in the development of staff metrics.
- Maintain and update metrics monthly.
- Provide reports to support validation requirements, deviations
- Manages new, revised or deactivation of preventative maintenance work plans associated with assets within CMMS
- Generate PM work orders within the CMMS and issues to the responsible departments
- Coordinates PM work orders with Facility Management the affected departments or outside vendors if necessary
- Upload of supporting maintenance or calibration documentation to CMMS
- Closure of preventative work orders
- Manage demand maintenance requests from customers and internal staff within CMMS
- Communicate with our customers to provide updates and clarifications if necessary
- Generate demand work orders within the CMMS and issues to the responsible groups
- Coordinates demand work orders with the affected departments or outside vendors if necessary
- Maintains all assigned Corporate, Facilities, GMP and EHS training as required
- AA / AS degree or acceptable trade certification from technical institution (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum 3-5 years of facilities maintenance/ operations experience at and industrial or commercial site or related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- GMP facility experience preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of facility management systems such as CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems)
- General understanding of building systems including life safety, lighting, electrical and plumbing
- General understanding of critical utility systems such as compressed gas, vacuum, and HVAC
- Maintains a high level of multi-tasking ability in conjunction with proven organizational skills.
- Ability to organize assigned tasks in a high paced GMP environment and concurrently monitor tasks / assignments with others that may impact timely completion.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and activities simultaneously.
- Familiarity with FDA / cGXP environments and associated compliance regulations
- Adept in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, and the ability to learn new software, such as enterprise business, building management, security, and maintenance management systems.
- Proficient at writing well-formulated emails and notifications.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, contractors and vendors.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions, read, interpret and update engineering manuals/drawings relevant to the trade or the assigned task
Self-starter who is able to work both independently without direct supervision or in a team environment
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.