Category: Warehouse & Distribution
17.00 Per Hour
Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Hours: 7:30 a.m. -4 p.m.
Temp to Hire
Pay rate: $17/hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Packaging aerospace/scientific product and spare parts to specification, using special packaging machines including checking product to be shipped to packing list.
- Must be capable of operating the UPS and FedEx shipping software to process outbound shipments.
- Complete cycle counts when necessary.
- Receive components and parts into the company’s ERP system.
- Operates all material handling machines, including forklift trucks.
- Drives Company van to deliver and pick up various parts and raw materials.
- Moves parts to and from work area as needed.
- Reporting of damaged goods adhering to the PTP process.
- Maintains good housekeeping in work area and must adhere to all safety regulations and best practices.
- Meet agreed upon goals and objectives in a timely manner.
- Arrives to work, meetings, appointments and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
- May be required to perform other duties as directed by supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years’ experience as a shipping attendant, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrated acceptable performance of the required job duties, including the use of arithmetic.
- Able to operate special packaging machines, material handling machines and forklift trucks.
- Acceptable knowledge of an ERP system.
- Must have the ability to resolve problems and be able to work with all departments in the plan when needed.
- Lifting up to 50lbs regularly and 75lbs occasionally, pushing, pulling, standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity, visual acuity, and typing.
- Operates special packaging equipment and material handling machines. and forklift trucks.
- Certified to operate the forklift
- Certified to operate the electric pallet jack.
- Computer literate