Category: Information Technology
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Test Analyst to develop and execute test plans to ensure product quality. The QA Test Analyst will execute tests on all proposed changes to the enterprise (typically software and hardware) to ensure a stable & reliable environment.
QA Test Analyst Overall Responsibilities:
- Reviewing quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products.
- Track quality assurance metrics.
QA Test Analyst:
Work directly with application owners to understand testing requirements
- Develop, Create/Upload, Execute, and Update test steps in Micro Focus ALM (formerly HP Quality Center) or other lifecycle tools
- Track Passed/Failed tests (defect management)
- Coordinate and schedule testing times
- Setup testing environment (remote or in-lab) for each test
Generate weekly/monthly reports for
- Testing status (Not Started, In Progress, Completed)
- Passed/Failed tests
- Outstanding issues
Test routine hardware/software/config changes, including (but not limited to):
- Monthly Windows 10 and Office ProPlus updates
- Periodic “Feature” updates (Windows 10 / Mac OS X)
- New/Proposed laptop/desktop models (example: Dell Latitude, Dell OptiPlex)
- “Image” changes (agents, configuration, driver updates)
- “Performance” changes (using PCMark or other benchmark tools)
Test non-routine (“as requested”) changes:
- 200-400+ critical “business” applications (some 3rd party, some internal)
- Virtualized Applications and Desktops via Citrix Workspace
- Website functionality in browsers (including Chrome, IE, Edge) and Enterprise Mode
- Mobility platforms: iOS/Android with InTune and AirWatch MDM/MM
Continuously improve processes through:
- Automation (Powershell scripting, or other standard toolsets)
- Suggesting changes to prevent missing defects
- Streamlining or optimizing tests to prevent wasted effort
Maintain the “Test Lab” environment:
- Routinely re-image devices as needed or requested
- Setup, label, and connect equipment to KVM
Use best security/compliance practices
- Maintain documentation as required for SOX
- Apply best security practices in all services/solutions
Productivity analysis (Performance monitoring, productivity enhancements)
Solution management, design, maintenance, and enhancement of client infrastructure
QA Test Analyst Experience Requirements:
- 4 or more years of experience in technology infrastructure and solution implementation.
- Designed and implemented effective global solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.