Category: Industrial & Manufacturing
45000.00 - 55000.00 Per Hour
Manufacturing Engineer – Elmira, NY
The Manufacturing Engineer position will assist in plant operations contributing towards improving manufacturing efficiencies by utilizing continuous improvement techniques to contribute to a work environment where fairness, equality and non-discriminatory practices are the standard.
- Will be responsible for managing and leading continuous improvement projects.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing tools and methodology in the implementation of manufacturing excellence initiatives.
- Work with manufacturing personnel to assist in the understanding and adoption of new principles and techniques.
- Drives the standardization of processes and the implementation of metrics and best practices.
- Assist in setting annual operational targets and help drive improvements to achieve those targets.
- Evaluate designs and develop manufacturing processes, methods, tooling and fixturing.
- Evaluate manufacturing workspace in order to design production layouts and workflow to utilize the available space effectively and efficiently.
- Work with manufacturing personnel and QA to determine the root cause of manufacturing issues.
- Communicate design issues identified in the manufacturing process to the Design Engineering department.
- Provide detailed solution proposals for manufacturing issues
- Develop work instructions to aid manufacturing personnel in the implementation of the design.
- Estimate the number of production personnel for a project, calculate the time involved and related costs for doing the project, clearly provide direction, training to the production personnel about the work flow, create a layout of the equipment in order to get higher level of production efficiency.
- Participate in PDCA improvement efforts.
- Monitor and support the implementation of design modifications in the build process.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- BS Degree (Engineering; Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial)
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment or Associates Degree
- Quality system
- Occupational Hazards Prevention System
- Railway Safety Management System
- Human Resources Policies
- Ability to Identify Problems
- Interested and capable in solving problems and driven to execute
- Very strong communication skills
- Demonstrated effective team player
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong proficiency in Computer Aided Drafting
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills, including new technologies and systems