Construction Safety Specialist - Washington, DC 20003
System One has an 8-month Construction Safety Specialist position available to support our client in D.C. The Construction Safety Specialist will advise and assist Project and Construction Management in the formulation, implementation and management of major project safety plans which may pertain to one or more job site locations – separate and distinct construction operations – requiring integrated supervision of programs. OSHA 500 Certification and one of the following issued by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals: CSP, ASP or STSC. Reports to the SH&E Manager.
Projects: Federal Building renovation
- U.S. Citizen or Perm Residence only
- Local to Washington D.C. ( no per diem )
- Must pass all System One and Client onboarding processes
- 6:00am to 2:30pm / Work hours
The Construction Safety Specialist requirements are:
- Associates degree (2 year) in Occupational Safety and Health or related field
- 10 years of industrial related experience with 7 or more years on safety management of construction contracts experience.
- Must possess at least an OSHA 500 certification as well as one of the following certifications issued by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals: CSP, ASP, STSC.
The Construction Safety Specialist responsibilities:
- Advises and assists the most senior construction site representative in the establishment and management of ESHARP Management and Client SH&E processes, identifying and eliminating/controlling any hazards to persons and property.
- Audits and inspects the job site to detect and correct safety hazards.
- Supervises first aid personnel in providing first aid care of occupationally injured or ill personnel.
- Audits the job accident records and periodically prepares an audit report of these records.
- Initiates and conducts accident investigations and prepares job accident reports.
- Represents management during safety inspections of the job site by regulatory authorities or company insurance carriers.
- Receives, reviews and distributes safety inspection reports with recommended corrective actions.
- Provides oversight to the new hire safety orientation process and other safety related training.
- Conducts risk assessments for upcoming work and provides technical assistance to the safety planning process.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.