Cloud PaaS Engineer
Category: Information Technology
Brand: ALTA IT Services
Job ID: 293353
Date Posted: 11/17/2022
Start Date: 11/17/2022
End Date: 11/28/2022
Cloud PaaS Engineer
Location: Hybrid - Preferred local to Vienna, VA, but open to Pensacola, FL
Pay Rate: Open to Both C2C and W2 options
Position Type: Multiyear Contract
The client is seeking a Cloud Containerization Platform Engineer to develop and manage Kubernetes Cluster lifecycle Management Platform on Azure Cloud. Platform Engineer will support Operations and Management of Kubernetes/Container Platforms on Azure using AKS and/or Tanzu Application Service and Tanzu Kubernetes Grid (previously Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Pivotal Kubernetes Services). This role will be responsible in planning and scaling out the containerization platform for the expanding workload/applications in the Cloud. The role requires collaboration with cloud business partners, information security and architecture teams utilizing an agile delivery framework.
This role designs/implements CI/CD deliver processes and establishes/maintains continuous delivery pipelines for PCF deployments. Responsibilities include providing operational assistance and guidance for Pivotal Cloud Foundry and AKS monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance, networking, storage, service brokers and build packs.
• Design, create and manage Kubernetes Clusters for workloads onboarding to the Platform.
• Mentor and guide the development teams to package their products and deploy on the clusters based on their capacity, business, and utilization requirements.
• Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality.
• Perform system and application patching. Review and remediate vulnerabilities periodically to keep them up to date to the Client Security compliance.
• Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures.
• Available to support the application teams on-call (24/7) and/or through escalation.
• Minimum 3+ years recent hands-on experience in managing Kubernetes Platforms on any Cloud– preferably Microsoft Azure (AKS).
• Demonstrate skills using the tools used to manage the platforms like – Prometheus, Grafana, Azure Log Analytics, Azure Sentinel, Azure Monitor, Splunk and related.
• Must champion cloud application adoption activities and development support of containerized applications and microservices.
• Must be conversant with monitoring, management, disaster recovery, blue green deployment models, security and build pack development.
• Fluency in any scripting languages like Python, YAML, Terraform, JSON, PowerShell, ARM Templates used for automation.
• Understanding of Cloud Native technologies, principles and techniques such as Kubernetes, microservices; 12 factor application development model.
• Dynamic presence and excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Solid understanding of Kubernetes Architecture and Platform or Tanzu Application Service (Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)) / Open Source Cloud Foundry (CF), BOSH.
• Understanding of engineering principles and deployment of software to Kubernetes Clusters or Tanzu Platform.
• Understanding of Network Security tools such as CheckPoint Integration Suite interacting with Ingres Controller (Nginx) and/or PCF GoRouter (for internal PCF traffic).
• Understanding of Repair, Repave & Rotate concepts including IPsec communication protocols within PCF and oAuth token refreshment.
• Understanding of Upgrade Management and Pipelines via Concourse: Creating and establishing CI/CD pipelines or integrating with existing CI/CD pipelines for deployment of Platform and related products.
• Understanding of access control and authentication using SAML, oAuth and directory-enablement concepts.
• Experience / solid understanding of monitoring, alerting and analytics of systems, platform and application performance and usage.
• Understanding of database (MySQL, Azure SQL etc) and messaging middleware technologies (such as RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ).
• Good concept of core java and spring framework (Spring MVC, Spring Batch, Spring Contract).
• Good concept of Test Driven Development.
• Good concept of CI / CD pipeline.
• Experience working with Forward and Reverse Proxies.
• Prior experience with software development or release automation is a plus.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Applications, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience.
• Certifications like Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) or equivalent is a plus.
For immediate consideration, please apply directly or contact Ryan Pustilnik at 301.740.2110
System One, and its subsidiaries including Joulé, ALTA IT Services, CM Access, and MOUNTAIN, LTD., are leaders in delivering outsourced services and workforce solutions across North America. We help clients get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. System One not only serves as a valued partner for our clients, but we offer eligible employees health and welfare benefits coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation in a 401(k) plan.
System One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Senior DevOps Engineer (CRM Platform)Vienna, Virginia
Senior DevOps Engineer (CRM platform) Location: REMOTE Pay Rate: Open to Both C2C and W2 options Position Type: Direct Hire Description: Seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer (CRM platform) with experience working with cloud platforms and has a passion for ...Date Posted: 11/28/2022 Recommended
Azure Cloud EngineerRemote, Maryland
Position Title: MS Azure Cloud Engineer Location: REMOTE Salary: $165,000/YR W2 Security Clearance: Active DHS Public Trust ( Secret clearance or Top Secret clearance preferred) Please call/text Adam for immediate consideration: 240-601-8546 ALTA is su...Date Posted: 11/14/2022 Recommended
JTC Systems Engineer (Joint Technical CommitteeChevy Chase, MD
ALTA IT Services is looking for a JTC Systems Engineer to work remotely for a large Insurance Company in the Metro Washington DC area. We are seeking a highly motivated Ops Tech Engineer (Ops TE) to join our Technology Operations (GTO) team. The Ops TE...Date Posted: 12/09/2022 Recommended
AWS DevOps EngineerFairfax, Virginia
ALTA IT has a Contract to Hire position open for an AWS DevOps Engineer. This position offers the opportunity to work 100% remote As a AWS DevOps Engineer you will work closely with other innovative and savvy people to build, manage, and support infras...Date Posted: 12/19/2022 Recommended
Sr. DevOps Engineer (Azure DevOps)Vienna, Virginia
Sr. DevOps Engineer (Azure DevOps) Location: REMOTE Pay Rate: Open to Both C2C and W2 options Position Type: Multiyear Contract Description: Seeking DevOps Engineer for data pipelines working with cloud platforms and has a passion for automation and de...Date Posted: 01/06/2023 Recommended
Senior Software EngineerReston, Virginia
IF INTERESTED REACH OUT DIRECTLY TO KSPICER@ALTAITS.COM OR TEXT/CALL #301-252-8762 or #301-916-0625 DEADLINE TO SUBMIT CANDIDATES Per Federal Government- US Citizenship OR Perm Green card Holder SR SOFTWARE ENGINEER Skills & Requirements Design, develo...Date Posted: 01/25/2023 Recommended
Senior Software ArchitectReston, Virginia
IF INTERESTED REACH OUT DIRECTLY TO KSPICER@ALTAITS.COM OR TEXT/CALL #301-252-8762 or #301-916-0625 DEADLINE TO SUBMIT CANDIDATES Per Federal Government- US Citizenship OR Perm Green card Holder SR SOFTWARE ARCHITECT Skills & Requirements Design, devel...Date Posted: 01/25/2023 Recommended
Lending ModernizationVienna, Virginia
Lending Modernization Location: REMOTE Pay Rate: Open to Both C2C and W2 options Position Type: Multiyear Contract Description: • ASP .NET, VB .NET and C# (at least 5 years’ experience in multi-tier work and MVC knowledge) • .NET Core and .NET Framewor...Date Posted: 01/13/2023 Recommended
Lead Full Stack DeveloperHerndon, Virginia
IF INTERESTED REACH OUT DIRECTLY TO KSPICER@ALTAITS.COM OR TEXT/CALL #301-252-8762 DEADLINE TO SUBMIT CANDIDATES Must Obtain a Public Trust Per Federal Government- US Citizenship required ALTA IT Services is looking for a Lead Full Stack Developer to w...Date Posted: 12/21/2022 Recommended
SDET (CRM Engineer)Vienna, Virginia
SDET (CRM Engineer) Location: Hybrid/ Vienna, VA Pay Rate: Open to Both C2C and W2 options Position Type: Multiyear Contract Description: Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) SDET (CRM Engineer) – Required CRM Knowledge Basic Purpose: The Digit...Date Posted: 01/31/2023 Recommended
Lead Integration EngineersAtlanta, Georgia
Title: Lead Middleware Intergration Engineers Location: ALTA is supporting a direct hire opportunity working hybrid (2/3 days onsite) for a client located in either the Atlanta, GA or Dallas, TX areas Summary: As a Lead Integration Engineer in the Tech...Date Posted: 01/30/2023 Recommended
Digital (SDET- Software Development Engineer in Test)Vienna, Virginia
Digital (SDET- Software Development Engineer in Test) Location: Hybrid work model reporting to Vienna, VA Pay Rate: Open to Both C2C and W2 options Position Type: Multiyear Contract Basic Purpose: The Digital Delivery team develops innovative member an...Date Posted: 01/30/2023 Recommended
IT EngineerVienna, Virginia
IT Engineer Location: REMOTE Pay Rate: Open to Both C2C and W2 options Position Type: Multiyear Contract Basic Purpose: The Site Reliability Engineer is a technical resource with an intermediate to advanced level knowledge, skills, and experience in th...Date Posted: 01/26/2023 Recommended
Senior Full Stack DeveloperHerndon, Virginia
IF INTERESTED REACH OUT DIRECTLY TO KSPICER@ALTAITS.COM OR TEXT/CALL #301-252-8762 DEADLINE TO SUBMIT CANDIDATES MUST OBTAIN A PUBLIC TRUST ALTA IT Services is looking for Senior Full Stack Developers to work for a growing and exciting government contr...Date Posted: 12/21/2022 Recommended
Cloud Data Engineer - RemoteHerndon, Virginia
Direct Hire - Fully Remote; No C2C US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance ALTA IT Services is looking for a Cloud Data Engineer to work remotely for a growing and exciting company. You will be responsible for dev...Date Posted: 01/24/2023 Recommended