Electrical Engineer / Substation – Sumner, WA 98390
System One has a long term one year opportunity for Electrical Engineers with substation design experience of electrical equipment for replacement at mid to high voltage equipment at substations. The Electrical Engineers must meet the qualifications set forth below.
- Must pass System One and Client’s on-boarding processes
- Able to pass Confidential Clearance at minimum
- United States Citizenship or Permanent Residency required (NO sponsorship)
- Local Candidates / No relocation or per diem
The Electrical Engineers will have the following education / experience:
- Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, P.E. Preferred, must be E.I.T registered
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in related field
- Past utility design experience and planning preferred.
- Have demonstrable utility experience in the mid voltage to high voltage areas (115kV to 345kV)
- Resume will include what types of equipment design completed
Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer:
- Demonstrates substation design of electrical equipment for replacement at mid and high voltage equipment at substations.
- Has knowledge of testing and commissioning of energized elements per outage sequence and standards of test
- Ability to work and contribute with engineers in a team environment.
- Demonstrates use of tools to perform calculations and validation to existing FERC utility standards and codes to ensure safe and reliable objectives.
- Accountable for design, calculations, engineering support, estimating, procuring of equipment above and below grade cabling and specifications for construction.
- Collaborate with civil engineering, test and commission leads and with others technical resources.
- Contribute standards and procedures for design of substation projects.