Category: Information Technology
System One has multiple immediate openings in Cambridge, MA for Senior Software Engineers specializing in C++, multi-threaded, ground-up software development - experience with distributed networks, GIS, or simulation software are highly desired.
*Due to client requirements, all candidates MUST be US Citizens.
If interested, please email Shaina Mootoosammy, Senior IT Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsible for the research, design, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of new and existing systems and the creation of new software solutions. You will work internally with other software engineers, program managers, and product owners to deliver quality solutions in the expected time frame, using you extensive experience and judgement. You will be considered a top level contributor, and will be looked upon to raise the bar with solid engineering fundamentals and leadership. You will also support your fellow engineers by mentoring and coaching them.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications
- Provides technical support to project team members
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals
- Leads and directs the work of others
- May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Serves as mentor towards Junior and Mid Engineers
- Maintains professional attitude during all stages of development; excels as a team member and strives to maximize personal, team, and company performance
- Offers solid communication skills, both oral and written
- Observes deadlines; endeavors to exceed expectations
- Assists the PMO with the team's work plans and schedules; generates task lists for engineers as required
- Conduct task analysis, and work estimations; identify dependencies and risks
- Provide technical direction for tasks, and input toward code design and architecture
- Mentoring and coaching of engineers; regular review of performance
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be willing and able to obtain a security clearance
- Demonstrates fluency in C/C++
- Demonstrates effective problem solving skills
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of algorithms and data structures in designing software and completing designated tasks
- Uses advanced understanding of software design paradigms, and best practices in day to day tasks
- Understanding of standard software development tools including Visual Studio