Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Senior EHS Specialist
Location: West Point, PA
Schedule: 8am to 5pm Mon – Fri.
Start date: ASAP
- Supporting the preparation and submission of internal and external regulatory and compliance reports, including data analysis, data validation, submission of data in online systems and records management.
- Supporting routine process improvement efforts, including improving process efficiency and effectiveness, improving data and information management practices and updating written operating procedures.
- Working with environmental SMEs to troubleshoot problems with existing processes and practices.
- Support the sustainment of various data and information management systems and productivity tools used for environmental compliance and performance management, including identifying and implementing improvements.
- Assist SMEs in engaging with clients to solve problems and continue to build environmental management capabilties within the operating areas and functions.
- Organize and rationalize existing environmentally-related electronic and physical records.
- Support environmental SMEs in the development, implementation and sustainment of environmental management programs across all media (air, water, waste), including program manuals that will serve as the “hub” for managing environmental compliance and performance within a given domain area.
- Lead smaller-scale process improvement projects to drive significant improvements in efficiency and effectiveness of environmental management processes.
- Support larger-scale process improvement projects to drive significant improvements in efficiency and effectiveness of environmental management processes.
- Lead small to moderate scale environmental data and information management projects, such as the development and implementation of an app for managing and performing inspections.
- Support large-scale environmental data and information management projects, such as replacement of legacy waste profiling and environmental requirements management solutions.
- Lead the development of detailed operating instructions that will operationalize environmental compliance and performance management.
- Undergraduate degree in environmental engineering, environmental science, safety and occupational science or any related engineering discipline (e.g., chemical engineering) or associated field.
- EHS experience 2-5 years preferred with an emphasis on environmental management and compliance.
- Familiarity with a variety of environmental regulations, including air, wastewater, drinking water, waste and storage tanks.
- Familiarity with a variety of environmental compliance reporting, including TRI, Tier II, stormwater DMRs, annual/biennial waste reporting.
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills. Strong ability to influence without a direct line of authority.
- Must have able to adaptable and able to flex between assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to lead meetings with diverse set of customers/stakeholders.
- Strong Microsoft productivity solution skills, including Excel, SharePoint, Teams and OneNote.
- Some experience with enterprise EHS software solutions, such as Enablon, Intelex, Cority or other platforms preferred.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.