Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Materials Management Associate
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Direct Hire
Hours: 1st shift
- BS in Business, Supply Chain, Operations, Logistics or Materials preferred
- Willing to Learn about GMP, Clean Room Environment, and Supply Chain flow of materials
- Comfortable working with blood (in secured packaging)
- Must be able to communicate professionally, effectively and courteously, both verbally and in writing.
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Products (Excel is a must)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as attention to details.
- Has the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to conquer obstacles
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment that requires quick turnaround and quality output, with minimal supervision and solid ability to multi-task across competing priorities to achieve success.
- Performs all responsibilities in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations.
- Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Processes the receipt and put away of all materials and critical components, including API, biologics, disposables, spare parts and consumables utilized by the facility.
- Performs the accurate picking and staging of temperature-controlled materials in support of biotech manufacturing.
- Performs Kit assembly tasks for both ambient and cold materials in a bio safety cabinet environment, in compliance with established SOPs and protocols.
- Understands temperature and time as it relates to incoming material receipt, labeling and storage.
- Manages USPS mail and parcel receipt and distribution for the facility.
- Executes inventory control procedures to maintain adequate yet cost-effective supply levels.
- Ensures the safety, security and cleanliness of the work environment and in compliance with company’s policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with corporate and facility-based QA and QC counterparts to ensure audit readiness, process control, and incoming inspection and release are executed flawlessly.
- Participates in regulatory audits as directed.
- All other duties as assigned.
The Materials Management Associate will be responsible for all materials management activities in support of a biotech manufacturing facility. Daily operations include material receiving, labeling and put away, mail/parcel delivery for the facility, picking and staging materials for manufacturing, and sub-assembly kit building and storage, in addition to other assigned duties. Attention to detail, data-entry and strong written and verbal communication skills are essential in this role.
This hands-on person will possess a strong work ethic, the desire to contribute to a collaborative team along with a passion for creative thinking and problem solving.