Office Engineer – Fresno, CA 93721
System One has a temp-to-hire employment conversion opportunity for an Office Engineer to support our client’s California High Speed Rail CP-1 project in their Fresno, CA office. As the Office Engineer, you will be responsible for the AT&T and PG&E activities throughout the project that includes managing design sub-consultants, in addition to leading all efforts associated with scheduling, owner and subcontractor billing, invoicing, and change order processing.
The successful Office Engineer will perform tasks related to office and field management and will have the ability to manage several subcontractors and relocations at once.
- Local candidate only
- Temp to hire employment conversion
- Required to complete System One and Client on-boarding process
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident only
Office Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited institution
- 3+ years design experience coupled with some construction engineering experience.
- Project controls techniques (i.e. cost accounting, basic estimating, forecasting, and contracts).
- A strong working knowledge of critical path method, resource scheduling is preferred.
- AutoCAD or Microstation experience is required. Primavera P6 is a plus.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Office Engineer Responsibilities and Abilities:
- Coordinates with third parties, attends & hosts meetings as necessary.
- Manages design schedule, provides reports, and tracks deadlines daily.
- Reviews and quality checks design submittals to confirm compliance with design requirements.
- Assists with subcontractor and vendor selection including Request for Proposals.
- Develops/assists with obtaining quotes and draft contracts to meet project requirements.
- Develops and manages relationships with owners, subcontractors, consultants and field personnel.
- Assists in identification of critical issues and milestones.
- Completes subcontractor and vendor closeout.
- Assists with subcontract administration through monitoring of correspondence, submittals, RFIs, and performance records; Maintains accurate payment records.
- Assists in preparing monthly reporting for progress payments, schedule updates, and problem/issue tracking and resolution. Provides accurate and factual assessments of project performance.
- Participates in change orders and claims management.
- Manages design schedules in Microsoft Project and/or Primavera P6
- Manages and reviews design submittals
- Evaluates potential conflicts with existing field conditions and proposed designs
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Strong work ethic - Highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.