Job ID: 115109
Date Posted: 04/17/2019
Elmira, 18/hr + full benefits
1st and 2nd shift available
Seeking anyone with construction, maintenance, carpentry, automotive, and mechanical background
Employee performs highly skilled maintenance, installation, repair and troubleshooting work involved with electro/mechanical assemblies. Electro/mechanical work may be performed in a number of areas of the car shell/train. Work involves electro/mechanical assemblies of a rail car.
Essential Job Duties
Must be able to perform the duties of a Mechanical Assembler, including, but not limited to:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists of subassemblies, tool, and material.
- Align, fit and assemble component parts using hand tools, power tools, measuring tools ad blueprints.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams and technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Capable of process improvement.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with management any issues that arise with project.
- Maintain a high standard of quality in all aspects of job tasks performed.
**All candidates must be available to work on 1st and 2nd Shift with ability to work overtime, when required.