Category: Scientific & Clinical
Senior Research Associate – Medicinal Chemistry
- BS in Chemistry and 3+ years of industry experience (medicinal/process preferred) OR MS in Chemistry and 0+ years of industry experience (Organic Chemistry Focus)
- Knowledge of medicinal chemistry techniques and principals
- Clear understanding of structural determination using NMR and Mass Spectral techniques
- Knowledge of purification methods
- Experience with routine compound characterization methods included NMR, HPLC, and MS
- Demonstrated ability to scout, develop, scale-up, and troubleshoot synthetic routes.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Conduct chemical synthesis, purification, and characterization of small molecule drug targets under the direction of a supervising scientist in research labs
- Plan and execute assigned experiments, with increasing independence, in support of project goals
- Execute reactions and makes key observations during reaction, work-up and isolation.
- Maintain clear and accurate records of experimental procedures and results
- Assist in the routine calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Present scientific results to the research group
- Attend and contribute to project meetings
Department Name: Research
Duration: 6+ months with possibility to convert to FTE.
Location: Bridgewater, NJ