Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Disaster Recovery (DR) IT Planner
Location: Princeton, NJ
Start date: ASAP
- The Disaster Recovery (DR) IT Planner works within a cross-functional team to govern risk, policy, and compliance for the Enterprise Services IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM) program.
- Manage the Disaster Recovery Program – Member of the cross-functional ITSCM team responsible for managing a DR portfolio of over 100 critical business applications and infrastructure.
- Maintain five DR plans and hundreds of Technical Recovery Guides globally.
- Manage small and large scope walk-through and simulation-type disaster recovery exercises leading multi-discipline groups of employees, consultants and vendors to ensure resiliency against disasters and drive continuous improvement.
- Drive global standardization across US, UK and Asia Pac ITSCM teams.
- Oversee service providers to maintain accountability and quality of deliverables.
- Network with Enterprise Services internal and external teams.
- Manage project implementations through collaboration with business partners and service delivery teams.
- Provide oversight of DR design projects
- Provide formal and regular communications and escalation to management and executive briefings as needed
- Identify issues, devise solutions and present to governance teams for resolution.
- Manage prioritization and demand management of existing capabilities
- Ensure the retirement of DR capabilities at end of service.
- Increase visibility of strategic IT capabilities and service offerings and advance the appreciation of continuity topics through speaking engagements, training sessions and walk-through exercises.
- Review contracts for externally hosted applications for DR risk management.
- Develop and maintain operational policies and SOPs for the ITSCM program.
- Prepare and provide responses to audits.
- Counsel business units on contracts, statements of work and BC/DR plans for outsourced services and systems to ensure cohesiveness and contractual compliance.
- Provide technical consulting for complex disaster recovery solutions.
- Maintain the Enterprise Services section of the BCM SharePoint to ensure stakeholders are informed.
- Support Enterprise Services IT (ES IT) teams developing and maintaining Business Impact Assessments, Disaster Recovery Plans, Business Continuity Plans and other related plans
- Responsible to ensure ES IT correctly interprets and complies with the Corporate Directive on Business Continuity.
- At least 10 years of experience in a Pharmaceutical or Biopharmaceutical environment with a minimum of BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Ideally have certification through an established Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, or Risk Management regulatory body such as DRII, BCI, or RMA.
- Strong practical working experience with client/server technology, including strong knowledge of networking, data replication and data backup and recovery for recovery purposes.
- Strong database query and Excel data manipulation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership moving projects and programs from ideation to completion on time.
- Experience in conducting business continuity and disaster recovery table top exercises and summarizing and reporting formal results.
- Working knowledge of Pharmaceutical regulatory requirements, qualification and validation of applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization including executive stakeholders.
- Ability to achieve successful consensus among differing priorities and stakeholders in both the IT and Business communities.
- Effective in cross-functional, multi-site, matrix management and team building.
- Highly organized, skilled with the ability to prioritize and schedule multiple workloads.
- Talent to research, understand and assess emerging technologies, system development techniques and foster best practices, quality and process efficiencies.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.