Category: Scientific & Clinical
Job ID: 147230
Date Posted: 11/07/2019
Title: Senior Engineer II- Product Development
Location: Elkton, MD
Type: Permanent, full time
1. In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
2. Provide technical assistance and leadership required to plan and implement specified projects to be completed including organizing and leading members of various departments, initiating planning and scheduling, coordinating resources (personnel, materials, time, money, suppliers), preparing proper documentation, etc. in a manner consistent with company objectives.
3. Utilize engineering skills to solve engineering problems at the component through system level. Conduct testing utilizing existing test protocols or develop new ones as needed.
4. Lead cause-identification and problem-resolution on any type of design issue that arises.
5. Apply engineering knowledge to the design and development of new products as well as product changes and enhancements.
6. Work with other functional areas within Terumo CVS to develop new products and coordinate introduction of new products and improvements of existing products/processes.
7. Contribute to the intellectual property position of the Company via invention and patent applications.
8. Develop and maintain knowledge medical device industry, including understanding of current technologies and trends, through actions such as professional memberships, attendance at conferences and/or seminars, subscription to trade magazines, etc.
9. Follow Design Control procedures for proper development and control of design plans, design documents and specifications, protocols, results, etc. Maintain and update Design Control procedures as required.
10. Oversee outside suppliers and consultants as required.
11. Monitor and control programs, identify issues, and ensure they are resolved.
12. Develop knowledge and understanding of and regularly utilize available information, resources, and systems. Maintain awareness of current patent and journal literature in areas of responsibility. Develop a knowledge and understanding of Terumo’s products, customers and customer needs.
13. Utilizes the systems and processes in place to attract, develop, engage, train and retain talented Associates; creating a work environment where Associates can realize their full potential, thus allowing the organization to meet business needs.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Requires a four-year college degree in an engineering discipline and a minimum of ten years of experience in an engineering environment or a Master’s degree and a minimum of eight years of experience in an engineering environment. Intermediate computer software skills, i.e. Microsoft Office. Experience in regulated industry preferred.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.