Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Senior Software Test Engineer
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Schedule: 8am to 5pm Mon – Fri.
Start date: ASAP
- The Senior Software Test Engineer will drive defect prevention throughout the software development lifecycle.
- The Staff Software Test Engineer will lead the execution of the test plans to assure new or modified applications meet the company quality goals and expectations.
- This position will provide input into the quality processes with the goal of continually improving the effectiveness and efficiency of testing within the Software Test team.
- Will ensure testing activities are conducted with results documented throughout the software life cycle.
- Work with minimal to no supervision on complex projects.
- Wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Assist less experienced peers.
- Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency.
- Analyze software requirements to ensure they are clear and testable.
- Participate in software technical design reviews.
- Executes test plans to verify adherence to the company’s development process and software requirement specifications.
- Create, review and execute test cases to verify the correct functionality, usability, performance and reliability of systems and applications.
- Creates clearly documented bug reports for anomalies found during test procedures.
- Document and communicate testing activities and results.
- Document and track defects utilizing designated tools. Verify the effectiveness of resolutions to anomalies (bug fixes) and document results.
- Assist in test planning and risk analysis activities.
- Assist in writing test procedure documentation.
- Works closely with development, systems, and support groups to facilitate software releases.
- Will mentor and/or provide training to less experienced peers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field with a minimum of (10) years software testing experience; combination of experience and education is acceptable.
- Demonstrated experience leading a software testing team, estimating work, meeting quality and timeline expectations.
- Strong manual testing experience
- Experience in a regulated software development environment desired.
- Demonstrated experience using Windows, Microsoft Office, and Outlook.
- Strong aptitude and interest in system and software testing; both manual and automated testing.
- Demonstrated experience in the following: software testing methods, test plan and test case development, software risk analysis and software development practices.
- Automation testing experience is preferred
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.