Category: Accounting & Finance
120000.00 - 130000.00 Yearly
System One; has an immediate direct hire opportunity with our client who are seeking a Plant Controller, within their manufacturing facility in Portland, OR that provide pumping solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Water and other industries.
Job Title: Plant Controller
This Plant Controller position is accountable for all financial, accounting and risk management functions for the company’s Portland plant. These responsibilities include development of financial and operational strategy as a member of the Portland plant management team, monitor metrics (KPI’s) tied to this strategy, and the ongoing development, implementation of internal controls designed to protect and preserve the company’s assets. The Plant Controller is also responsible for reporting accurate results in conformance with IFRS, as well as various internal financial reporting formats and analyses as requested by the company.
The Plant Controller actively participates with the other management team members in the planning, direction, and policy making for the plant, communicates, and supports the strategic and operational plans of energy business unit.
- Coordinate all year-end audit requests.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts.
- Calculate and record monthly journal entries for revenues, accruals, and cost of goods sold and/or variable expenses.
- Prepare financial statements, reports, and 12 month rolling forecast on a monthly basis.
- Set up budget and financial KPIs to ensure effective resource cost management, target deployment and ownership, and structured tracking.
- Manage financial impact and exposure of commercial activities and commitment.
- Implement processes and roles to optimize cash management and NWC efficiency.
- Implement compliant end-to-end processes for P2P, O2C, R2R in line with internal guidelines.
- Drive performance controlling, good quality forecasting and early warning processes, with active follow up.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of relevant controlling experience, preferably in manufacturing.
- Cost accounting background.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- Expertise in cost variance analysis and forecast.
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The Plant Controller will be assertive, foster a culture with a sense of urgency, and act with the highest integrity. Given the global nature of the business, the candidate must possess cultural sensitivity and a “global mindset.”
- Demonstrated success in building organizational and financial team capabilities by providing hands-on experiences, expanded responsibilities and development opportunities to prepare team members for succession.
- Ability to operate with tact and maturity, and drive the group’s agenda in a collaborative manner.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and across all departments of organization.
- Great team player and the ability to work well under pressure.