- This is an entry level position.
- Provide support and assistance to the Production Controllers, Production Controller Manager and other team members as needed.
- Capture process and production improvements data.
- Daily progressing of Production Work Orders.
- Notify management of operations that delay production and alter schedules for unforeseen conditions.
- Regularly communicate with all craft leadership and assist with any drawing or material issues which may arise.
- Track material in support of the production building schedules.
- Assist and provide information to the OPC Production Controller Manager and other members of team as needed.
- Regular attendance at work and the ability to work flexible hours, including overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- HS diploma or GED equivalent, with specialized course work in general office practices, plus one or more years in an administrative/clerical position desired.
- An Associate degree in Business Administration, Management, or Construction desired. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Working experience in a shipyard, manufacturing or construction environment desired. Working experience on a Government contract providing program support to senior level management desired.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook experience.
- Working knowledge of various web-based design and collaboration tools desired.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, Company policies/procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management, employees, government officials and the public.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to forge and sustain outstanding client-relationships while managing multiple work streams.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and have an attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of the project team while exercising diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to rapidly obtain, sort, filter, and analyze large volumes of data for distillation into high-level reports.