Sr. Electrical Designer
Brand: System One
Job ID: 287700
Date Posted: 09/23/2022
Start Date: 08/22/2022
End Date: 02/24/2023
Senior Electrical Designer
System One is seeking a Senior Electrical Designer to support an electrical engineering team designing power generation plants and other industrial plants including but not limited to gas fired, coal fired power plants or oil & gas and petrochemicals. Senior Electrical Designer will prepare engineering drawing and schematic of varies electrical systems and components. This position is in Houston, TX.
Senior Electrical Designer Responsibilities:
- Prepare sketches of ideas, detailed drawings, illustrations, or blueprints, using drafting instruments, or computer-aided design equipment.
- Design and develop a complete set of electrical construction drawings utilizing 2-D and 3-D CAD skills with the ability to work in and reference 3D models.
- Exercise independent judgment by utilizing the correct design criteria based on knowledge from vendor data and project scope.
- Perform a complete design check of lower-level designers, by project assignment, to assure applicable code standards, design standards, accuracy, spelling and design completeness.
- Review manufacturers drawings and other discipline drawings and any existing plan drawings for physical interferences.
- Communicate with the project electrical engineer and other disciplines to resolve any design problems with the manufacturer’s drawings or interferences.
- Supervises and directs other designers and drafters during the development of project design tasks.
- Assure the company quality assurance procedures are followed in completion of assigned tasks.
- Provides technical support for client inquiries. Demonstrate the ability to develop material specifications, requisitions for purchase. Creates complex contractor scopes of work and provides unassisted field management.
- Communicate with the project engineer and other disciplines to resolve any design problems with the manufacturer’s drawings or interferences.
- Assure the company quality assurance procedures are followed in completion of assigned tasks
Senior Electrical Designer Requirements:
- Associates Degree with adequate drafting courses.
- Must have 12+ years of experience working as an Electrical designer.
- Heavy electrical designer (electronics, manufacturing experience is irrelevant) experience and working knowledge of grounding, lighting and power design, cable tray, duct bank layouts and grounding design as well as I&C experience.
- Extensive knowledge of NEC code and electrical industry standards.2D and 3D CAD experience required.
- AutoCAD, CADWORX and MicroStation experience
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Salary will be commensurate with experience. May be required to travel to plant sites.
System One maintains a drug-free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
System One, and its subsidiaries including Joulé, ALTA IT Services, CM Access, and MOUNTAIN, LTD., are leaders in delivering outsourced services and workforce solutions across North America. We help clients get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. System One not only serves as a valued partner for our clients, but we offer eligible full-time employees health and welfare benefits coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation in a 401(k) plan.
System One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Mechanical DesignerHouston, Texas
Six (6) Month Contract Opportunity + Not remote or hybrid, will need to be able to work onsite at Houston office or customer's fabrication shop. Job Summary: Prepare design layouts, detail and assembly drawings, bills of materials, and schedule complet...Date Posted: 09/18/2022 Recommended
System One is seeking multiple Hardware Designers to join our client’s I&C Engineering Team. This will be a six month contract position located in Mansfield, MA. Preferred onsite but will consider remote based on experience. The I&C project engineering...Date Posted: 11/22/2022 Recommended
Junior Hydrology & Hydraulics EngineerHouston, TX
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs a variety of clearly defined assignments that require the application of standard design engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Using prescribed methods, applies techniques to specific civil eng...Date Posted: 11/01/2022 Recommended
Engineering and Design (CADD) System AnalystHouston, TX
Engineering and Design (CADD) System Analyst Houston, TX; Charlotte, NC; San Antonio, TX or Downers Grover, IL System One is recruiting Engineering and Design (CAD) System Analyst to support EPC projects in a variety of locations. This candidate will S...Date Posted: 10/26/2022 Recommended
Solidworks Designer/Drafter - Contract Currently seeking a highly motivated Mechanical Designer. In this role, you will create structural and mechanical design solutions, 3D CAD models, and engineering drawings for the conceptual and preliminary design...Date Posted: 12/02/2022 Recommended
Electrical 1 Sr Engineer/Designer/AnalystWilsonville, AL
System One is actively seeking a Electrical 1 Sr Engineer/Designer/Analyst in Wilsonville, AL Summary of Position Duties: Electrical design position (engineer, designer or analyst) with a minimum of 3 years experience in the design, construction, check...Date Posted: 12/06/2022 Recommended
Structural Layout Designer / DrafterKansas City, MO
Provides design and drafting skills for projects. May include detail component drawings, structural steel details, systems and structural layout work. Works with the Project Engineer and other departmental personnel. Research various structural design ...Date Posted: 09/12/2022 Recommended
Project Engineer - Rotating Equipment (Mechanical / Electrical)Houston , Texas
System One is assisting our client in hiring on a Project Engineer for a 6 month contract to hire role. This role is 100% on site. Office is located in Northwest Houston (NW B8) 5 years of relevant experience, with rotating equipment such as compressor...Date Posted: 09/22/2022 Recommended
Sr. Telecommunications Engineer (DAS Designer)Kansas City, Missouri
Description: Private wireless team is seeking a Radio Frequency Distributed Antenna System (DAS) Designer specializing in the design of mid to large-tier enterprise, manufacturing, stadium/arena, and airport DAS systems. As a DAS Designer, your respons...Date Posted: 11/07/2022 Recommended
Mechanical Designer / DrafterKansas City, MO
Position Summary Provides mechanical design and drafting skills for projects utilizing Solidworks and Inventor. May include detail component drawings, structural steel details, systems, and structural layout work. Works with the Project Engineer and ot...Date Posted: 09/26/2022 Recommended
Mechanical & Designer/DrafterIdaho Falls, ID
Mechanical design drafter with a strong emphasis in 3-dimensional modeling. Must have a working knowledge of current versions of PTC Creo graphics software, Windchill file management software, and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (G. D. & T.) per...Date Posted: 12/02/2022 Recommended
Design Engineer - Downhole ToolsHouston, Texas
System One is assisting our client in hiring a Design Engineer with a focus on downhole tools. Their office is located in North Houston (Hardy Tollway and B8) This is a full time Perm position and the company is ready to interview ASAP. Milling and/or ...Date Posted: 09/22/2022 Recommended
Senior Controls Software EngineerHouston, Texas
System One is actively seeking a Senior Controls Software Engineer for a permanent position located in Houston, TX working a hybrid schedule. Advanced Analytics Controls and Digital (AACD) team is leading the charge in product automation, carbon footpr...Date Posted: 11/09/2022 Recommended
Controls Software EngineerHouston, Texas
System one is actively seeking a Controls Software Engineer for a contract position located in Houston, TX working a hybrid schedule. Advanced Analytics Controls and Digital (AACD) team is leading the charge in product automation, carbon footprint redu...Date Posted: 11/09/2022 Recommended
Designer II, PipingHammond, IN
Piping Designer Hammond, IN 46327 System One is seeking a Piping Designer to join our client’s design center in Hammond, Indiana. This is a great opportunity to get involved with some interesting design projects with a respected client in the engineeri...Date Posted: 11/21/2022 Recommended