Category: Scientific & Clinical
Instrumentation and Controls Technician
The Instrumentation and Controls Technician applies knowledge of measurement science, mathematics, physics and electronics to calibrate instrumentation associated with plant and process equipment. Instrumentation and devices that the technician will work with, but not limited to, includes pressure transmitters and transducers, temperature measurement (TCs and RTDs), time, conductivity, pH, humidity, PLCs, microprocessors, servo drives. The technician should have knowledge an ability to perform light programming changes and interface with various softwares to troubleshoot problems. The Instrumentation and Controls Technician will safely ensure measurement equipment and control systems are maintained, working properly, and use electronic and hard copy systems to maintain detailed records of work performed.
- Coordinates and schedules calibration activities using the SAP Enterprise System.
- Maintains detailed records of calibration activities in work orders and other GMP systems.
- Calibrate and repair instrumentation to maintain production equipment, laboratory equipment, and facility utility systems.
- Directs calibration activities of outside calibration vendors. For example, services to calibrate NIST traceable standards.
- Uses the SAP system to create purchase orders.
- Assists in qualification of equipment.
- Works with electronic control systems including PLCs, microprocessors, sensors, and final control elements used in automated processes.
- Maintain and troubleshoot PLCs, related software.
- Ability to interpret principles and fundamentals in technical documentation such as manuals, circuit diagrams, blueprints, ladder logic, and schematics
- Revise and author procedures.
- Good understanding of GMP/GXP/GLP documentation and the importance of data integrity.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related discipline. Or a 2-year technical degree with 2-4 years of pharmaceutical experience. Or High School diploma with 7 -10 years pharmaceutical experience. Other technical training considered – e.g. military training.
- Detailed knowledge of calibration procedures and basic knowledge of programmable logic controllers.
- SAP experience strongly preferred. Other applicable softwares such as Blue Mountain, ProCal, MetCal a plus.
- Must possess the ability to schedule many varied tasks and track them to completion.
- Problem Solving Mindset.
- Adapts to the needs of internal customers and understands production support.