Based in Ridgeland, MS (USA) This individual will be a key member of the Electrical I&C Engineering Team and will provide supervision and leadership to staff involved in electrical engineering and instrumentation/control design work for nuclear power plant facilities.
- Supervises small groups of engineers at various levels of expertise.
- Directs/coordinates work of assigned staff.
- Monitors and evaluates staff performance.
- Recommends training and development for junior staff.
- Establishes scope of work for project or proposal, allocates and directs staff as a lead for the project.
- Advises on the development of new engineering methods and participates in short and long-range planning.
- Provides technical leadership to teams of professional and non-professional staff.
- Supervises complex engineering tasks related to a portion of a major project.
- Engages customer in detailed technical discussions regarding ID and acquisition of design inputs, task scopes and methodology / approach.
- Can effectively discuss project results with customer and potential subsequent additions to contract to support applicable scope adders.
- Able to provide detailed technical guidance and direction for lower level Engineers
- Breaks down complex problems to provide a solution and define appropriate deliverables need to resolve the issue.
- Demonstrates ability to perform review of complex calculations, design deliverables.
- Exercises mature business judgement in devising practical, economical solutions.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff within the organization and client base.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or associated field.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible commercial nuclear experience in electrical or I&C design, analysis, or engineering.
- Prior experience in consulting engineering environment is highly desirable.
- Multidiscipline knowledge as well as quality management principles and practices required.
- Professional Engineering License required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to initiate a task, develop a plan of action, and persistently follow through to completion.
- Must be capable of developing plans to deal with the unexpected and evaluating alternate solutions.
- Must have a sense of urgency about getting results and consistently produces high quality work.
- Must be capable of fostering a problem solving and questioning attitude
- Must be capable of developing a team spirit by using a positive attitude.
- Must be an effective communicator and be comfortable in dealing with people at all levels.
- Must show confidence in making technical and business decisions.
- Strong computer knowledge of Microsoft Office, CAD Software, and Electrical System Design software.
- Occasional to moderate travel required.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the United States. Sponsorship not available.