Category: Industrial & Manufacturing
14.00 - 14.00 Per Hour
- Winds coils to be used in electrical equipment and instruments, or as electronic components, according to wiring diagrams, sample coil, or work order, using coil-winding machines and hand tools.
- Reads drawings and bill of material
- Winds foil less than 3 inches wide and less than .030 inches thick.
- Operates winding machine from sitting or standing position.
- Understands machine operating principles.
- Solders bus bars to multiple foils including center taps using propane torch or solder pot.
- Solders using hand soldering iron.
- Winds round, square, or rectangular wire.
- Sizes work using hydraulic press.
- Uses band saw to cut core tubes.
- Uses computer for inventory information.
- Ability to perform monthly machine maintenance.
- Reviews wiring diagrams and work order, or examines sample coil to ascertain type and size of wire specified and type, size, length, circumference, and primary and secondary windings of coil to be wound.
- Picks coil-forming device for specified coil to be wound, and fastens it onto machine arbor, mandrel, or spindle or fastens it in between chuck and tail stock.
- Trains others employees as needed
- 1-3 years relative experience (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience) based on job function.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and write in English language.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Must wear personally owned steel toed boots and provided safety vest