110000.00 - 120000.00
The Rowland Group, a System One division, is in search of an Electronic Design Engineer for a Tulsa, OK company within the Oil and Gas Industry. Qualified candidates will get the opportunity to work in a newly renovated facility with a team of engineers that are passionate about their work.
- Design and draft complex digital and analog electronic circuitry and components, including firmware, for double sided, multi-layer, and SMT printed circuit boards for multiple product lines
- Generate electronic assembly documentation using a standard electronics design programs for schematic, layout, assembly and fabrication of printed circuit boards
- Code firmware using embedded microcontrollers and utilizing Assembler and C languages.
- Design hardware/firmware of embedded logic using FPGA and CPLD integrated circuit
- Select components and design boards to withstand high temperatures (150°C and above). Move circuit designs from polyamide boards to hybrid modules that work at extreme temperatures of 220°C and above
- Write and present FRDs (functional requirements document) and DRDs (design requirements document) to solidify and communicate the functional design to Sales and Manufacturing.
- Perform sufficient testing (temperature, shake, vibration and function) of new circuit and firmware designs to ensure total performance of the gauge
- Identify, analyze and resolve any and all circuit issues conforming to cost and operational objectives
- Supervise and evaluate 1-2 junior engineers’ and/or technicians’ workloads and performances
- Display superior technical leadership to Manufacturing and other product teams to support new product development, design, testing and revisions
- Lead regular design review meetings to ensure compliance with established procedures, product requirements, and technology transfer
- Lead and coordinate design efforts with other departments, such as mechanical engineering, customer service, procurement and manufacturing to ensure the complete success of new products and systems
- Minimum 10 years’ electronic assembly design experience of complex circuits
- Experience related to measuring outputs from various pressure and temperature sensors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Master’s degree preferred
- High temperature (150°C and above) electronics experience
- Technical publications in industry journals; paper presentations at industry conferences
- Write and obtain patents in field of study
- Analytical, problem solving, detailed, personable, industrious
- Must be able to be certified for offshore site visits
The Rowland Group, a System One division, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Vet 24846