Category: Industrial & Manufacturing
System One is looking for a QC mechanical and visual inspector in Camden, NJ. Must also have NDE PT Level II certification.
A Quality Control Mechanical and Visual Inspector is responsible for the following:
- This position could be off-shift
- Works closely with Quality Control Inspectors, Project Engineering, Quality Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure that all manufacturing and inspection activities are performed in compliance with process work documents. Performs in-process inspections to ensure compliance with all requirements. Maintains records, verifies the effective implementation of the Quality Program and acts as a quality representative during internal, customer and regulatory audits
- Performs in-coming inspections for all raw materials/components/castings received in the plant before they can be released for process/production operations.
- Insures that in-process inspections are completed per engineering specifications during the production process.
- Formally investigates and validates or rejects the inspected parts in compliance with engineering specifications.
- Performs mechanical, visual and dimensional inspections of parts using inspection hand tools
- Potentially perform CMM Programming and Inspection is possible (or previously trained in addition to experience)
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following:
- High school graduate or equivalent plus required.
- Two (2) years college or technical school or equivalent required.
- 2-5 years of experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of dimensional inspection hand tools
- Thorough knowledge of welding, welding symbols.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- CMM Programming and Inspection experience preferred
- Experience with CMTRs